Global Anti-infective Agents Market: Overview
Anti-infective agents comprise antifungals, antibiotics, and antibacterials. They are used to inhibit the spread of an infectious agent by killing or suppressing it. The anti-bacterial sector is anticipated to hold the highest share in the market owing to high prescription of these drugs. The global anti-infective agents market is expected to grow at a promising pace during the forecast period due to rising incidences of infectious diseases across the globe.
Global Anti-infective Agents Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may support the growth of the global anti-infective agents market are:
- The Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (“GARDP”) has joined hands with Evotec to tackle the lurking threat of antimicrobial resistance. They are aiming at developing antibiotic treatments for severe diseases by establishing a platform that spans the length of drug development.
- Pfizer launched an antibiotic called Zavicefta for the treatment of gram-negative bacterial infections. The development of Zavicefta stemmed from the need for efficient antibiotics for hard-to-treat diseases. It has now been launched in more than 14 countries.
- Spero Therapeutics has announced a new oral, broad-spectrum compound SPR720 for the treatment non-tuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) disease. NTM is a rare infectious disease which can be easily contracted as the bacteria is easily present in the environment. The entry of SPR720 for treatment of this chronic disease will surely favor the growth of the global anti-infective agents market.
Some of the major players in the global anti-infective agents market are Merck & Co., Pfizer, Spero Therapeutics, Evotec AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Gilead Sciences.
Global Anti-infective Agents Market: Key Growth Dynamics
Recently, there has been an increase in research and development activities relating to the development of new anti-infectives with greater potential and efficacy. This has impacted the global anti-infective agents market favorably, thus propelling its growth. Moreover, FDA is supporting the discovery of new drugs in the form of approvals. This has highly stimulated an expansion of the market.
Additionally, factors such as anti-microbial resistance to the existing drugs and the rising health-consciousness have significantly contributed to the growth of anti-infective agents market. Increasing occurrences of viral infections such as hepatitis and HIV have further boosted the market’s growth. In addition to this, advancements in the healthcare infrastructure and an increase in funding from the government for the research activities pertaining to discovery of the drugs have fueled the global anti-infective agents market.
Moreover, the efforts of welfare organizations such as WHO to spread awareness regarding the benefits of anti-infective agents will contribute to an expansion of global anti-infective agents market.
However, there are a few restraining factors that may hinder the growth of global anti-infective agents market. Factors such as stringent regulatory framework pertaining to the usage of drugs and lack of awareness in underdeveloped regions may impede the market’s growth. Nonetheless, excellent marketing strategies of the prominent players in the market and a robust distribution network shall support the growth of global anti-infective agents market.
Global Anti-infective Agents Market: Regional Outlook
On the geographical frontier, North America holds the highest share in the global anti-infective agents market. Its dominance in this region can be attributed to high penetration of anti-infective drugs and excellent healthcare facilities. Asia Pacific is expected to grow exponentially during the forecast period owing to high incidences of infective diseases. India dominates the anti-infective drugs market in Asia Pacific.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.