Antifouling Agents Market: Introduction
- Antifouling agents are coatings and specialized paints that are used on the hulls of ships. They are made of organotin compounds, biocides, and copper. Submerged surfaces of marine vessels are affected by algae, bacteria, diatoms, and invertebrates that increase drag. This results in decreased operational speed and range, and increased fuel consumption.
- Sometimes, harmful marine organisms get transferred by ships to other areas. This can lead to safety hazards. Antifouling agents enhance durability, strength, and performance of marine vessels by inhibiting corrosion and growth of sub-aquatic organisms.
Key Drivers of Antifouling Agents Market
- Rise in demand for solutions that minimize speed loss and thus reduce fuel consumption and improve operational efficiency of marine vessels is driving the antifouling agents market. Antifouling agents have emerged as the top choice for protection of marine vessels.
- Increase in production and exploration of crude oil and natural gas in countries such as China, India, and Thailand and growth in usage of antifouling agents in marine vessels are likely to boost the demand for antifouling agents
- Rise in demand for drilling rigs and production platforms led by the increase in spending on floating production and offloading (FPSO) vessels by the oil & gas industry is expected to propel the antifouling agents market in the near future
- Protection against fouling, external contamination, and corrosion; and increase in condition-based monitoring trend over non-consistent preservation in the shipping industry are anticipated to augment the demand for antifouling agents
To clarify your doubts about the report on Antifouling Agents Market, Request a Brochure here
Marine and Oil & Gas End-use Segments to Dominate Global Antifouling Agents Market
- Rise in demand for oil and gas is projected to propel the demand for antifouling agents in the near future. High growth rate of floating production and offloading FPSO vessels, and application of antifouling coating in these vessels are likely to spur the demand for antifouling agents during the forecast period.
- Growth in shipbuilding activities is estimated to positively impact the antifouling agents market. Emergence of various applications of antifouling agents such as fuel saving and maintenance of efficiency by avoiding growth of fouling agents are projected to propel the demand for antifouling agents in automotive industries in the next few years.
Antifouling Agents Market: Restraints
- Increase in preference of eco-friendly alternatives due to stringent government policies and rise in environmental concerns are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period
Antifouling Agents Market Opportunities
- Increase in demand for antifouling agents, led by the rise in demand of marine vessels such as yacht and powerboats that are used for recreational purposes, is anticipated to drive the market in the near future
- Rise in usage of antifouling agents in fishing nets to avoid the growth and adhesion of algae, microorganism larvae, and other sea creatures is estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the antifouling agents market in the near future
- Synthetic chemical compounds that are currently being used are harmful to the environment. Restrictions on usage of these coatings and development of antifouling options through the biomimetic method and natural antifouling agents are expected to propel the market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Antifouling Agents Market
- In terms of region, the antifouling agents market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the antifouling agents market in 2018. This can be ascribed to the growth of end-use industries such as marine and oil & gas. Increase in manufacturing of shipping vessels in countries such as India and Australia due to government support to increase the countries domestic output in the global chemical industry is anticipated to augment the market.
- The market in North America is estimated to gain traction due to the rise in production of unconventional energy sources such as shale gas and tight oil in production platforms
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Antifouling Agents Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Market
Major players operating in the antifouling agents market are focusing on strategies of expansion of manufacturing facilities and sales network, coupled with substantial investments in research and development for the production of antifouling agents. This is estimated to increase the competitiveness in the market. Key players operating in the market include:
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Nippon Paint
- Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
Antifouling Agents Market: Research Scope
Antifouling Agents Market, by Product Type
- Organotin Compounds
Antifouling Agents Market, by Application
- Shipping Vessels
- Drilling Rigs & Production Platform
- Gas & Oil
Antifouling Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.