Antifogging Additive Market: Overview
- Antifogging generally refers to as the treatment that prevents condensation of small water droplets on the surface
- Antifogging additives are non-ionic surfactants that prevent the formation of fog over glass or plastic surfaces. Antifogging additives are utilized in concentrates or master batches during the manufacturing process of plastic film.
- Substances that are commonly used as antifogging additives are surfactants, hydrophilic coatings, and hydrophilic nanoparticles and coatings. Antifogging additives are made of a polar head group such as hydroxyl and a nonpolar tail with a hydrocarbon chain in it.
- Antifogging additives materials are generally available in the form of creams, gels, and spray solutions and wet wipes, preferably coatings are applied during the time of the manufacturing processes itself. Furthermore, antifogging additives can be added to plastics from where they can move out from the inner side of the plastic.
- Variation in temperature, surface tension, and humidity are key reasons that lead to the formation of fog. Antifogging additives help decrease the surface tension of droplets that are formed by condensation of water vapors.
- Antifogging additives are primarily utilized in the production of polymer films to induce antifogging property in them, which are further used in the packaging of food items such as vegetables, fruits, and breads
- Antifogging additives also facilitate reduction of the clouding effect and offer better transparency of the sheets
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Antifogging Additive Market
- Fogging is a common phenomenon mostly seen in packed food items due to fogging, as spoiling of food takes place in a short time after packing. Antifogging additives delays fogging and keeps the food safer for a longer time and maintains the food quality. Consequently, antifogging additives have been well-accepted in the food preservation and agricultural sectors, which in turn is estimated to drive the antifogging additive market in the near future.
- Polymer film is extensively employed by the packing industry for the packing of food items such as vegetables, fruits, milk, and breads. Antifogging additives are primarily used to induce antifogging properties in this film, and an increase in the demand for polymer film from the packing industry is expected to drive the antifogging additive market.
- Rise in demand from the food & beverage industry in China and Japan is anticipated to further propel the antifogging additive market in the region
- However, regulations limiting the usage of plastic in different application such as packing of foods from the governing bodies, such as U.S. Food and Drug Administration USFDA, and other stringent rules by the government may hamper the global antifogging additives market.
Antifogging Additives: Product & Application
- On the basis of type, the global antifogging additive market can be segmented into glycerol esters, polyglycerol ester, sorbitan esters of fatty acids, ethoxylated sorbitan esters, polyoxyethylene esters of oleic acid, gelatin, and titanium dioxide
- In terms of application, the global antifogging additive market can be split into agricultural films, food packing, coating films of helmets, goggles, and mirrors.
- Use of antifogging additives by the agricultural sector is increasing, as antifogging additives facilitate light transmission, enhance crop growth in greenhouses, and prevent water droplets from falling down and damaging crops, which in turn is projected to drive the global antifogging additive market in the near future
- The food industry is expanding at a rapid pace globally, owing to an increase in online food ordering trend, rise in standard of living of people and increase in money spending on food. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global antifogging additive market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Antifogging Additive Market
- In terms of region, the global antifogging additive market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Increase in demand for antifogging additives in China, Japan, India, and South Korea is anticipated to make Asia Pacific a prominent market for antifogging additive globally
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace, owing to an increase in the new product innovations in the region
- However, the market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a significant growth rate due to huge investment in R&D activities, which in turn is likely to fuel the global antifogging additive market growth in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global antifogging additive market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Croda International Plc.
- Clariant AG
- A. Schulman
- PolyOne Corporation
- Evonik Industries
- Ashland Inc.
- Corbion N.V.
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Ampacet Corporation
- Emery Oleochemicals
- PCC Chemax Inc.,
- Sabo S.p.A.
- Lifeline Technologies
Global Antifogging Additive Market: Research Scope
Global Antifogging Additive Market, by Type
- Glycerol Esters
- Polyglycerol Ester
- Sorbitan Esters of fatty acids
- Ethoxylated Sorbitan Esters
- Polyoxyethylene Esters of Oleic Acid
- Titanium Dioxide
Global Antifogging Additive Market, by Application
- Agricultural Films
- Food Packaging
- Others (coating films for helmets, goggles, mirrors)
Global Antifogging Additive Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.