High extent of vibration can cause significant destruction to machinery in the long run. Therefore, vibration isolation is essential to help improve the functioning of machines for longer duration. Rubber products are primarily used to avoid the transmission of vibration that a machine produces. These products act as isolating pads and absorb vibrations. Isolating pads stop vibrations from being transferred to adjacent machines and structures. These rubber products are known as anti-vibration mounts, isolation mounts, and vibration damping materials and are available in various configurations.
Anti-Vibration Mounts Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rubber mounts are the commonly used anti-vibration mounts for industrial applications. However, a common problem with rubber mounts is the effect of high temperatures on the stiffness of the rubber. At elevated temperatures, all types of rubber undergo degradation reactions. This is expected to hamper the anti-vibration mounts market during the forecast period.
The need to diminish noise emitted by industrial machinery and plants is rising. Vibration isolators act as important components of noise and vibration reduction from marine plants, industrial machinery, mechanical equipment, and industrial plants.
Anti-vibration Mounts Market: Segmentation
The anti-vibration mounts market can be segmented based on product type into:
- Cylindrical Bobbins
- Buffers & Bump Stops
- Springs & Hangers
- Captive Transit Mounts
- Silent Marine
- Cone & Cab Mounts
- Machine Mounts
- Hydro & Air mounts
- Flanged Mounts
- Sandwich Mounts
- Rubber Springs & Custom Bonding
- Rubber Sheeting/Matting
Bobbins, which are primarily made of rubber, is low cost anti-vibration solution to decrease vibration and shock in the industrial machinery and equipment. These bobbins are used in either compression or shear or a combination of both. Bobbins are available in various thread configurations for different industrial applications. Bobbins are specifically used in a wide range of applications such as exhaust mounts, air conditioning units, diesel engines, generator sets, and industrial equipment and machinery.
Rubber dampers are another popularly used anti-vibration mounts. They are generally used to decrease internal vibrations in machines such as motors, pumps, and power units. Rubber dampers sometimes permit vibrations in the machine parts but avoid the vibrations to be transmitted to the outside parts of the machine such as screens.
The anti-vibration mounts market can be segmented based on application into:
- Diesel Generator
- HVAC Equipment
- Household Equipment
- Others (Grinding Mills, Chillers, etc.)
The anti-vibration mounts market can be segmented based on type of isolation into:
- Passive Isolation
- Active Isolation
Passive vibration isolation denotes vibrations by passive techniques such as mechanical springs and rubber pads. Active vibration isolation comprises a feedback circuit, which consists of a controller, sensor, and actuator, along with the spring.
Anti-vibration Mounts Market: Region-wise outlook
The global anti-vibration mounts market can be divided based on geography into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific, especially China, accounts for large market share due to the increasing demand from industrial equipment and automotive applications. North America also holds key share of the anti-vibration mounts market.
Anti-vibration Mounts Market: Key Market Players
Key players operating in the anti-vibration mounts market include:
- E&B RUBBER METAL PRODUCTS PVT, LTD
- IAC Acoustics
- Cummins Power Generation Inc.
- AV Industrial Products Ltd
- Fibet Rubber Bonding (UK) Ltd
- Anti-Vibration Methods (Rubber) Co Ltd
- Karman Rubber Company
- GMT Rubber
- VibraSystems Inc.
- ROSTA AG
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.