Anti-counterfeit printing technology is utilized widely in fields wherein fake making and infringement occurs frequently. Counterfeiting has become a worldwide epidemic and the dangers it poses are vast. Counterfeiting threatens public health through the production of inferior medicines, and foods and beverages; causes taxes to increase by sidestepping official channels; increases public spending by boosting law enforcement to counter the illicit trade; and raises the price of legitimate products as companies seek to recoup their losses. It affects currencies, negotiable securities, licenses, seals, etc. Anti-counterfeiting products such as printing inks play an important role in curbing such activities. Anti-counterfeiting technology is a conventional ink anti-counterfeiting technology with strong adaptability, high technical level, and low cost. Anti-counterfeit ink offers some special physical and chemical properties of ink; most of these are used in ordinary ink to add special functional materials for anti-counterfeiting performance. Anti-counterfeit ink displays fluorescent nature.
In terms of type, the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market can be segregated into water based and UV curing. The UV curing segment is expected to expand during the forecast period. In terms of application, the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market can be segmented into government department, educational certificates, retail security, electronics brand protection, wine & spirit authentication, and others. Educational certificates and government department segments are anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to the increase in imitation activities in degree certificates.
In terms of region, the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The global anti-counterfeit printing ink market is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. In terms of demand, North America is projected to be the dominant region in the market in the near future. The anti-counterfeit printing ink market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is also likely to witness substantial growth during the forecast period. Manufacture of inks for packaging offers promising opportunities to the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market. Companies need to develop a technology that can provide a lock-and-key approach for securing and authenticating packaging. However, anti-counterfeit technology cannot be applied in medicines, as security inks on packaging of medicines cannot provide assurance of the authenticity of contents.
Companies operating in the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market are adopting aggressive marketing tactics and the strategy of mergers and acquisitions in order to expand their market share. They are investing significantly in research and development of technologies in order to lower the risk of counterfeiting. Additionally, companies are using exports as a tool for geographical expansion in emerging economies in Middle East & Africa.
Key players operating in the global anti-counterfeit printing ink market include Sun Chemical Corporation, YELE Group, VeriTrack, Ashton Potter, SICPA Holdings S.A., Canon India Pvt. Ltd, DuPont, and PolyOne. Sun Chemical Corporation provides a wide range of overt and covert security features. The company provides anti-counterfeit solutions for brand protection. Its ink exhibits different fluorescent shades on exposure to UV light. DuPont’s anti-counterfeit solutions provide brand protection programs, anti-counterfeit solutions, and document security systems to large corporate and government entities. These solutions employ a combination of market leading technologies to safeguard the world’s largest brands and government organizations from the damaging effects of counterfeiting. SICPA’s comprehensive portfolio comprises ink solutions developed for all printing processes employed in the security printing industry, as well as solutions adapted for protective varnishing and theft deterrence systems.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.