Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Edges of Antibiotic-based Feeds to Foster Growth
The animal feed probiotics market recorded volume sales of 1.19 Mn tons in 2018, and sensing the above-average growth potential of this landscape, market players are dedicating their focus on R&D activities for introducing innovative products.
Seasoned analysts at Transparency Market Research (TMR) consider the innovative approach to remain the mainstay of the animal feed probiotics market’s vertical scramble. For instance, in 2018, Alltech announced the launch of Viligen™ - a feed additive to promote the health of gut and microflora among pigs - at ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference. Also, technological excellence in the molecular biology and gene sequencing process has exerted a weighted influence on the development of new probiotic-based animal feed products.
On the demand side, an increase in the consumption of animal-protein has put pressure on livestock farmers to ensure adequate nutritional supplements in feeds. Increasing consumption of animal products, such as meat, chicken, eggs, and beef, has intensified the scrutiny level of regulatory bodies, and antibiotic-fed farm animals face rejection. Taking an opportunity from the regulatory protocols, market players are being successful in penetrating probiotic-based animal feeds in the antibiotic-led market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Animal Feed Probiotics market
Market Growth to Mirror Pedestrian Shift from Antibiotic- to Probiotic-based Feeds
Despite technological advancements, the animal feed probiotics market is yet to realize its full potential, on account of the stronghold of the antibiotic-based animal feed market. Surprisingly, knowledge regarding pernicious influences of antibiotic-based feeds is limited even in developed countries, which impedes the exposure of animal feed probiotics. Also, probiotics are beneficial when used in moderate quantities, and any recklessness in the dosage may cause digestive dysfunction in animals.
Given the profound impact of limited information regarding the benefits of probiotics, and negative impact on brand value caused by adverse effects due to incorrect dosage, are likely to impede the growth of the animal feed probiotics market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Influx of Revenue in APEJ, as it Seeks a Healthy Farm-to-Fork Model
Besides the presence of stringent laws against the consumption of beef in India, Islam religion followers residing in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and China consider the consumption of pork as 'haram'. However, it may come out as a surprise that the consumption of animal products overrules religious sentiments in APEJ, as the region enjoys a leading position in the animal feed probiotics market.
Population explosion in APEJ is the driving force behind the rapid rise in the consumption of eggs, milk, and meat, and the influence of urban sprawl coupled with increasing restaurant chains has further complemented the demand for livestock in the region. As knowledge regarding the consumption of clean food and beverages gains prominence, the demand for healthy livestock has, in turn, created opportunities for the animal feed probiotics market.
Given the influence of Western culture, pet ownership is fast-penetrating as the new normal in the APEJ society, and, with the financial lucidity of consumers, they are able to provide premium and healthy feeds to their pets. All-in-all, APEJ is projected to remain a high-value and high-growth animal feed probiotics market during the forecast period, with an anticipated volume CAGR of ~6%.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Animal Feed Probiotics market”
Analysts’ View on the Animal Feed Probiotics Market
Analysts of the TMR study estimate that, the volume consumption of animal feed probiotics will grow from 1.26 Mn in 2019 to 2.02 Mn in 2027, and increasing awareness regarding the benefits of probiotics over antibiotics is likely to remain a profound driver of the market. As farm animals are an integral part of the food chain, regulations regarding the quality of their feeds are growing in importance, which has hard-pressed players operating in the animal feed probiotics market to deliver high-quality products. Market players can enhance their portfolios with the dry form of animal feed probiotics, since these products are easy to store along with low storage costs, offer ease of transportation, and possess longer shelf life, as opposed to the liquid form of products. Overall, the growth prospects of the market seems promising, with an estimated CAGR of ~7% during 2019-2027.
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Overview
- TMR has executed a research on the animal feed probiotics market, according to which, the market is estimated to reach ~US$ 2.6 Bn in 2019, in terms of value, and is anticipated to reach ~US$ 4.3 Bn by 2027, at a value CAGR of ~7%.
- Surge in the demand for animal products, including milk and meat, has simultaneously led to the growth in feed production and consumption. This has translated into the growth of the animal feed probiotics market.
- Over the past five years, the animal feed industry has been observed to showcase a robust growth of 13%, consequently leading to a growth of ~7% for the animal feed probiotics market.
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Frontrunners
- Lactobacillus-based bacterial animal feed probiotics are anticipated to register maximum market traction over the forecast period, surpassing non-bacterial probiotics. Lactobacillus and bifidobacterium together account for ~60% share of the animal feed probiotics market.
- The poultry segment has been generating the highest revenue in the animal feed probiotics market. In 2017, broiler feed production growth was observed to be the largest in Africa, at nearly 10%, followed by Europe at 7. This also translated into increased demand for animal feed probiotics in the poultry sectors in these regions.
- Animal feed probiotics have a distinctive effect on multiple regions. In North America, the market for companion animals is relatively high due to the burgeoning population of household pets in the region. In the APEJ and MEA regions, the demand for meat is growing due to the increasing population, subsequently leading to an increase in the number of cattle and poultry farms, and therefore, the high requirement for animal feed probiotics.
- The United States and China are two of the largest animal feed producers, and also the two largest consumers of animal feed probiotics, globally. The growing population in China coupled with the rural and semi-urban areas turning urban, is increasing the demand of animal products in the country, creating strong opportunities for the animal feed probiotics market.
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Trends
- Probiotic supplements are undoubtedly beneficial for animal growth and gut health. However, consumers still battle with several side-effects related to animal growth. Nevertheless, technological advancements in the field of molecular biology and gene sequencing are allowing researchers and scientists to develop new animal feed probiotic formulas that are more adaptable and specific to particular animals. The development of new-age technology is reforming the animal feed probiotics market, providing better opportunities over the forecast period.
- There is increasing awareness among cattle farmers, pet owners, and hobbyists concerning the advantages of animal feed probiotics. Be it livestock or companion animals, owners are now relatively more aware of the importance of proper nutrition for their animals. Livestock owners are preferring nutrition and supplements to maintain the proper health of their animals. On the other hand, companion animal owners are becoming keener on providing appropriate nutrition to household animals instead of feeding them leftovers.
- The traceability of a system allows an organization to document or locate a product through the stages and operations involved in the manufacturing, processing, distribution, and handling of feed and food, from primary production to consumption. Dupont, one of the leading manufacturers of probiotics, has been developing a new technology that improves quality control and traceability in probiotic products. Eurofins and DuPont have developed new methods for detecting and validating strains of probiotics, which has laid the path towards accuracy and quality control in this rapidly-growing market segment
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Strategies
- Companies operating in the global animal feed probiotics market are leveraging both, organic and inorganic growth strategies.
- For instance, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S has been focusing on its clinical-trial program with bioscience technologies and bacterial strains, to target swine, poultry, cattle, and silage.
- On the other hand, Evonik Industries AG is enhancing the footprint of its animal feed probiotics through geographical expansion and acquisitions.
- Adisseo France SAS has been focusing on inorganic growth to expand its animal feed probiotic business, by collaborating with established market players such as Novozymes, to develop animal feed probiotics for poultry.
- Product Innovation and Launches: Companies are strengthening their research & development capabilities to offer new and innovative products under the umbrella of animal feed probiotics for animal-specific needs and demands. Furthermore, key market players are focusing on providing innovative products, along with analytical services that provide feed ratio, quantify mycotoxin risk, and Alltech E-CO2 to assess on-farm efficiency and sustainability.
- In 2016, Novozymes and Adisseo, global leaders in the feed additive and animal nutrition industry, launched Alterion, a natural animal feed probiotic to improve feed utilization for poultry.
Target Region for Animal Feed Probiotics Market
- In terms of value, Europe has been estimated to represent the largest share in the animal feed probiotics market by 2019 end, and is expected to dominate the animal feed probiotics market throughout the forecast period.
- Increasing consumption of meat coupled with growing consumer awareness concerning feed quality and productivity is giving rise to increased demand for animal feed probiotics in the region.
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Key Players
- Key players operating in the animal feed probiotics market, as profiled in the study, include -
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Alltech, Inc.
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Evonik Industries AG
- Adisseo France SAS
- Lallemand Inc.
- Novus International, Inc.
- Calpis Co., Ltd.
Animal Feed Probiotics Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) recently published a market study on animal feed probiotics. The study provides detailed assessment on key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities, and restraints, and detailed information about the animal feed probiotics market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the animal feed probiotics market will grow during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are explained in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This information can help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the animal feed probiotics market for the forecast period.
The study is relevant for stakeholders in the animal feed probiotics market, including animal feed probiotic manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and can help them in developing appropriate strategies to grow in the market. Stakeholders in the animal feed probiotics market, investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, as well as business researchers can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics as well as facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting developments in the market. It also offers actionable insights based on the future trends in the animal feed probiotics market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the animal feed probiotics market too can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can take appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Animal Feed Probiotics Market Report
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for animal feed probiotics market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for animal feed probiotics during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the animal feed probiotics market?
- How can market players capture the low-hanging opportunities in the animal feed probiotics market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the animal feed probiotics market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the animal feed probiotics market to upscale their position in this landscape?
Animal Feed Probiotics Market: Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the animal feed probiotics market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the animal feed probiotics market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary resources and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the animal feed probiotics market, and makes TMR’s projections on the growth prospects of the animal feed probiotics market more accurate and reliable.
Key Segments of the Animal Feed Probiotics Market
TMR’s study on the animal feed probiotics market offers information divided into important segments - source, animal, form, sales channel, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.