Anemometer is a sort of device which is primarily used for measuring the speed of wind, and it is also known as a general weather station instrument. Anemometers detect and identify changes and differences in some physical property of the fluid. It also detects the effect of the fluid on a mechanical equipment or device integrated into the flow. The anemometer measures the velocity of gases (air) either in a contained flow, which includes airflow in a duct, or in unconfined flows, such as atmospheric wind. The Anemometer market is segmented by type which includes velocity anemometer and pressure anemometer. Velocity anemometer is furthermore segmented into vane anemometers; hot-wire anemometers, cup anemometers, laser doppler anemometers and ultrasonic anemometers among others. Pressure anemometers are furthermore segmented into plate anemometers and tube anemometers among others. The market for Anemometer is segmented on the basis of end use industry which includes oil & gas, power generation, medical, chemical, construction, among others. The market for Anemometer has been segmented geographically into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America and Middle East and Africa.
The hot wire anemometers are one of the most useful anemometers and it has application for measuring and detecting the velocities of wind or gases. Rising demand for advanced instruments for air pressure, velocity and quality monitoring is fueling the applications for anemometers globally. Anemometers primarily contain both wind direction and wind speed sensors. The cup anemometer primarily measures the speed and velocity in a simple perpendicular in line with the axis of its rotation cups when it is applied in weather stations. If the cup anemometer is mounted with the shaft perpendicular to the horizontal, it primarily measures the wind component that is parallel to the ground. Other types of anemometer, for instance vane anemometers, are applied with the tip attached with the whole velocity vector. Weather condition monitoring, air pollution and air pressure monitoring are some of major application area of anemometer globally. Increasing application of anemometer device in different industries which include chemical, oil and gas among others are also fueling the demand for anemometer across different developing nations globally. Establishment cost and design complexities are some of the major restraints for the anemometer market globally. With the increasing research and development activities the growing application of anemometer in different industries for instance mining and construction industries are some of the major opportunities for the market.
In 2016, North America is leading the market for anemometer in terms of revenue, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific globally. In North America, the U.S. is leading the market for anemometer, followed by Canada and Mexico. Germany, the U.K., Italy and France contributed prominent shares in the anemometer market in terms of revenue across Europe. China is leading the market for anemometer owing to its technological advancement across different end use industry, followed by Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and India among others. The U.A.E, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina among others are dominating the market for anemometer across Middle East and Africa and South America.
Siemens AG (Germany), Kusam - Meco (India), Fortive Corporation (The U.S.), OMEGA Engineering (The U.S.) Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (The U.S.), CEM Corporation (The U.S.), Teledyne Technologies Inc. (The U.S.), Horiba Ltd. (Japan), Servomex (The UK), Vaisala (Finland), PCE Holding GmbH (Germany) and Aeroqual (New Zealand) among others are some of the prime players operating in the anemometer market globally. Research activities along with strategic alliances with other companies are some of the major business strategies followed by the companies. Strengthening business relationships with the distributers and raw material suppliers along with geographical expansion by opening new sales offices and research centers are some of the prime business strategies adopted by the companies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.