Andalusite Market: Overview
- Andalusite (Al2SiO5) is a rock-forming aluminum mineral that belongs to the sillimanite family. It is found in metamorphic rocks. It is a polymorph of two minerals: kyanite and sillimanite. The chemical composition of andalusite is similar to sillimanite and kyanite.
- Andalusite is formed under high temperature and low pressure and converts to kyanite or sillimanite at different temperature-pressure regime
- Andalusite is formed through the regional metamorphism of shale. It is found in gneiss and schist at convergent plate boundaries, where rocks are exposed to the high temperature and low pressure.
- Andalusite is used in the manufacture of refractory materials. It is also used as precursor for porcelain manufacturing.
- Andalusite is used in linings for furnaces, incinerators, spark plugs, reactors, kilns, as well as production of crucibles
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Rise in Demand for Refractories to Drive Andalusite Market
- Growth in the construction industry due to rapid urbanization and increasing population is likely to drive the demand for steel. This is expected to drive the refectory market. Increasing demand for refractories is anticipated drive the demand for andalusite during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for cast metal products in the automotive industry is expected to boost the foundry industry, thereby propelling the demand for andalusite, which is an important component in foundry
- Availability of cost effective substitutes such as bauxite and volatility in prices of raw materials are anticipated to hamper the global andalusite market in the near future
- Commercial production of andalusite is concentrated in South Africa, Peru, and France. The heavy rainfall in 2017 in Peru and South Africa led to a decline in production of andalusite. This hampered the supply of raw material and caused price surge.
- The global andalusite market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID 19 outbreak. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage also raises the prices of raw materials. The affected downstream supply chain might take longer for deliveries. The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Pink Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global andalusite market can be segmented into pink, gray, yellow, green, and violet
- The pink segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by the gray segment. Rise in demand for steel in various end-use industries is anticipated to drive the andalusite market.
Refractory Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the global andalusite market can be divided into refractory, foundry, kiln furniture, and others
- The refractory segment is expected to dominate the andalusite market during the forecast period. Growth in steel industries is projected to drive the demand for refractories during the forecast period. The foundry segment also holds vital share of the global andalusite market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Andalusite Market
- In terms of region, the global andalusite market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold significant share of the global andalusite market during the forecast period
- China is the major manufacturer and consumer of refractory products such as such as glass, ceramic, cement, and aluminum. This is driving the demand for andalusite in the country.
- Demand for refractories is likely to rise at a moderate pace in North America and Europe during the forecast period. The U.S. is expected to account for key share of the market during the forecast period owing to the rise in demand for steel and glass products in the country.
Key Players in Market
The global andalusite market was highly fragmented in 2019. Prominent players operating in the global andalusite market seek to enter into partnership agreements for the development of innovative products.
Major players operating in the global andalusite market include:
- Andalusite Resources
- Rhino Minerals Pty Ltd (IMERYS)
- Samrec Pty ltd (IMERYS)
- Damrec (IMERYS)
- Picobello Andalucita
- Andalucita S.A.
Global Andalusite Market: Research Scope
Global Andalusite Market, by Type
Global Andalusite Market, by Application
- Kiln Furniture
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.