Anal fissure is a linear tear in the mucosal lining of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. The common symptoms of an anal fissure include severe pain during and after a bowel movement lasting for several minutes to few hours. These fissures occur mainly because due to trauma to the inner lining of the anus, most of the times a hard, dry bowel movement is typically responsible but in some cases diarrhea and loose stool were observed to be the causes. Severe anal pain can produce spasm of the anal sphincter muscle, resulting in a decrease in blood flow to the site of the injury that ultimately prolongs the process of wound healing. The next bowel movement results in more anal spasm, pain, decreased blood flow to the wounded area, and the cycle continues. Treatments are aimed at interrupting this cycle by relaxing the anal sphincter muscle to promote healing of the fissure. Eighty-seven percent of people with a chronic anal fissure are between the ages of 20 and 60 years. An anterior fissure is more likely to develop in women (25%) than in men (8%), however anal fissures affect males and females equally.
Anal fissure market will be driven by improper food habits especially observed in population in age group of 13 to 25 years, aging population, demand for minimally invasive and fast acting treatments. The overall market is estimated to observe a growth especially in age group of 15 to 30 years and 50 to 60 years of age as the major problems related with bowel movement are observe in these age groups.
The companies involved in the anal fissure therapeutics clinical trials are Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd., S.L.A. Pharma AG, M/S Dizney Display Company, Ipsen Inc., ProStrakan Group plc, RDD Pharma Ltd., RDD Pharma Ltd., Allergan, Inc. and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.