AMR Sensors: Introduction
- AMR i.e. anisotropic magneto-resistive sensors are sensing devices that measure variation in the magnetic field angle. AMR sensors can be used in any environmental condition, as they can precisely detect positive and negative magnetic fields. AMR sensors offer high performance in various applications, due to their robust design and resistance to vibrations.
- AMR sensors are widely used for detection of end point across various applications. For example, in traffic detection, AMR sensors can identify even a small level of disturbance caused by vehicles.
- AMR sensors are used in applications across multiple devices including mobile phones, laptop PCs, refrigerators, smart gas meters, and water meters. They are also used in different industrial and medical applications such as industrial automation, X-ray equipment, and prosthesis steering.
- AMR sensors are used in multiple applications due to their various capabilities including precise slide detection, rotation detection, and open and close detection. These capabilities make AMR sensors useful for mobile phones, refrigerators, laptops, and other home appliances and consumer electronics products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Use of Smart Meters Worldwide Boosting Global AMR Sensor Market
- Adoption of smart meters including water and gas meters is on the rise, owing to the increasing non-water revenue caused by water wastage or leakage, government efforts to improve utility usage, and evolving smart grid infrastructure across the globe
- AMR sensors can precisely detect rotational displacement. Also, they can accurately detect abnormal reverse flow of water in smart water meters, which helps avoid overbilling.
- Moreover, in smart gas meters, accurate detection of rotational displacement leads to precision in the gas flow detection. Thus, growing adoption of smart meters is, in turn, boosting the global AMR sensor market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global AMR sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global AMR sensor market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of AMR sensors operate in the region and they are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products used in multiple applications. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India contribute to the major market share of the region. Furthermore, expanding presence of players in the consumer electronics sector and steadily growing automotive industry in the region, especially in China, is expected to boost the market for AMR sensors in Asia Pacific.
- The AMR sensor market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. The market is these regions is propelled by increasing adoption of smart meters in countries such as the U.S., Germany, France, and the U.K. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global AMR sensor market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and new product developments to meet the risen demand for AMR sensors.
Key players operating in the global AMR sensor market are:
- NXP Semiconductors
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- MEMSIC, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC.
- KOHDEN Co., Ltd.
- Sensitec GmbH
- Analog Devices, Inc.
Global AMR Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global AMR Sensor Market, by Application
- Rotation Detection
- Position Detection
- Open–Close Detection
Global AMR Sensor Market, by Measurement Range
- 0°-180° AMR Sensors
- 0°-360° AMR Sensors
Global AMR Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
Global AMR Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.