Global Ammonium Chloride Market: Overview
Ammonium chloride refers to an inorganic compound that is highly soluble in water. Ammonium chloride finds use in a wide variety of applications, which boosts the global ammonium chloride market. It finds use as a flux in the preparation of metals that are to be soldered, galvanized, or tin coated. It is also used for the maintenance of pH and as an expectorant in cough medicine. However, high demand of nitrogen source in fertilizers is encouraging expansion of the global ammonium chloride market.
Product type, application, and region are the three parameters based on which the global ammonium chloride market has been segmented for better understanding of the market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ammonium Chloride market, ask for a customized report
Global Ammonium Chloride Market: Notable Developments
One of the developments that characterize the changing course of the global ammonium chloride market is as mentioned below:
- In 2018, Leading German chemical producer BASF SE has acquired some of the businesses of German pharmaceutical company, Bayer AG. This strategic move is likely to strengthen digital farming, biotech, and crop protection segments of BASF SE. The transaction also marks the entry of BASF into nematicide seed, seeds, and non-selective herbicides. It is expected that with this deal, BASF SE will be able to strengthen its portfolio of agricultural solutions and expand its reach in the agricultural industry.
Some well-known organizations in the global ammonium chloride market include:
- BASF SE
- CNSG Anhui Hong Sifang Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Huachang Chemical Co. Ltd
- Central Glass Co. Ltd.
- Dallas Group of America Inc
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Brochure
Global Ammonium Chloride Market: Key Trends
The following drivers, opportunities, and restraints characterize global ammonium chloride market over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2027.
Increased Use as Nitrogen Source in Fertilizers is Likely to Accentuate its Demand
The global ammonium chloride market is expected to be driven mainly by its demand as nitrogen source in fertilizers, primarily for the cultivation of wheat and rice in Asia. The growing use of ammonium chloride in various applications other than fertilizers is likely to generate copious opportunities for generation of revenue. It also finds use as an ingredient in contact explosives, safety matches, and in fireworks.
Ammonium chloride finds extensive use in the food industry. It is used as yeast nutrient in the bread making process and as food additive in the industry. In addition, copious use of ammonium chloride as a feed supplement for cattle is likely to support growth of the global ammonium chloride market over the assessment tenure, 2019 to 2027.
Ammonium chloride also finds use as an ingredient in various personal care and cleansing products like facial cleanser, conditioner, bath oils, shampoo, dishwashing detergent, bleach, and hair color. Another significant use of ammonium chloride is as an electrolyte in dry cell batteries owing to its ionic compound. Its use as fire extinguisher and as curing agent in formaldehyde-based adhesives acts as growth factors for the global ammonium chloride market.
On the other hand, the strict regulations in the healthcare industry are likely to hinder market growth largely. Ammonia chloride comes with low nitrogen content as compared to urea or ammonium nitrate is estimated to impede expansion of the global ammonium chloride market over the forecast tenure.
Global Ammonium Chloride Market: Geographical Analysis
To offer all-inclusive view of the global ammonium chloride market, TMR experts have segmented the market based on region. The market is divided into the major regions of Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and North America.
From the regional viewpoint, North America is likely to account for a prominent share of the global ammonium chloride market. Regional supremacy of North America is attributed to progress of the agricultural sector in the region. Asia Pacific is also expected to emerge as a leading region as most of the countries are agro-based economies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.