Ammonium Bicarbonate: Introduction
- Ammonium bicarbonate has been a widely preferred ingredient in the bakery industry due to its unique acid regulating and stabilizing characteristics. Ammonium bicarbonate serves as a leavening agent in processed food; in other words, it releases gas in baked goods to impart a light texture and also increases the volume of batter and dough that is utilized for baked goods.
- The stabilizing property of ammonium bicarbonate retains the exceptional physicochemical properties in a food. It preserves the food in a homogeneous state by controlling or modifying acidity or alkalinity of a food product, without affecting the pH of the baked goods as an acidity regulator. Ammonium bicarbonate does not leave any flavor-affecting residues in food formulations and serves as a highly effective baking agent by meeting the high quality standards.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
Key Drivers of Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
- Ammonium bicarbonate plays a crucial role in texturing the crumb structure, and it is suited for low-moisture products such as biscuits, crackers, cookies, waffle cones, pastas, and frozen dairy products. Ammonium bicarbonate is estimated to witness significant demand from the food & beverage industry in the near future, particular for some unique baking powder formulations flatbreads, Danish Christmas cookies, Swedish drömmar biscuits, and German Lebkuchen.
- Significant demand for packaged food is anticipated to drive the global ammonium bicarbonate market during the forecast period
- Ammonium bicarbonate is also likely to be utilized as a blowing agent in the manufacture of polymers and in fire extinguishing applications by 2030
Covid-19 Impact on Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
- The global chemical industry is expected to witness a significant impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Supply chains have been disrupted. Order volumes for companies have also been adversely affected. Demand for ammonium bicarbonate is estimated to reach pre-crisis levels at least by 2022.
Ammonium Bicarbonate Market: End-use Segments
- Based on end-use industry, the global ammonium bicarbonate market can be divided into food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, rubber, textile & leather and others, which include fire-extinguishers and ceramic
- Key demand areas for ammonium bicarbonate during the forecast period are likely to be the textiles industry – for de-greasing applications; rubber industry for blowing applications in the foam products and leather tanning applications
- Demand for ammonium bicarbonate has been significantly high in the agriculture segment for fertilizer formulations for the last decade. In China, ammonium bicarbonate has been utilized as an inexpensive fertilizer. However, urea acted as a more effective replacement in fertilizers due to the instability of ammonium bicarbonate. Consequently, demand for ammonium bicarbonate from the agriculture segment is anticipated to rise at a moderate pace in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to be a Key Market for Ammonium Bicarbonate
- In terms of region, the global ammonium bicarbonate market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global ammonium bicarbonate market during forecast period. The leading position of China in both production and consumption of ammonium bicarbonate is likely contribute to its significant share in the market in the region by 2030. Expansion of the packaged food sector in India and countries in Southeast Asia is likely to further propel the demand for ammonium bicarbonate during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global ammonium bicarbonate market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- DCW Ltd.
- Biesterfeld AG
- Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers (MCF)
- Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Xinji JiuYuan Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Haoyuan Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Weijiao Holdings Group Co., Ltd.
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market: Research Scope
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Food grade
- Industrial grade
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Textile & Leather
- Others (fire-extinguishers, ceramic, etc.)
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!