Ammonium Bicarbonate: Introduction
- Ammonium bicarbonate has been a widely preferred ingredient in the bakery industry due to its unique acid regulating and stabilizing characteristics. Ammonium bicarbonate serves as a leavening agent in processed food; in other words, it releases gas in baked goods to impart a light texture and also increases the volume of batter and dough that is utilized for baked goods.
- The stabilizing property of ammonium bicarbonate retains the exceptional physicochemical properties in a food. It preserves the food in a homogeneous state by controlling or modifying acidity or alkalinity of a food product, without affecting the pH of the baked goods as an acidity regulator. Ammonium bicarbonate does not leave any flavor-affecting residues in food formulations and serves as a highly effective baking agent by meeting the high quality standards.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
Key Drivers of Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
- Ammonium bicarbonate plays a crucial role in texturing the crumb structure, and it is suited for low-moisture products such as biscuits, crackers, cookies, waffle cones, pastas, and frozen dairy products. Ammonium bicarbonate is estimated to witness significant demand from the food & beverage industry in the near future, particular for some unique baking powder formulations flatbreads, Danish Christmas cookies, Swedish drömmar biscuits, and German Lebkuchen.
- Significant demand for packaged food is anticipated to drive the global ammonium bicarbonate market during the forecast period
- Ammonium bicarbonate is also likely to be utilized as a blowing agent in the manufacture of polymers and in fire extinguishing applications by 2030
Covid-19 Impact on Ammonium Bicarbonate Market
- The global chemical industry is expected to witness a significant impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Supply chains have been disrupted. Order volumes for companies have also been adversely affected. Demand for ammonium bicarbonate is estimated to reach pre-crisis levels at least by 2022.
Ammonium Bicarbonate Market: End-use Segments
- Based on end-use industry, the global ammonium bicarbonate market can be divided into food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, rubber, textile & leather and others, which include fire-extinguishers and ceramic
- Key demand areas for ammonium bicarbonate during the forecast period are likely to be the textiles industry – for de-greasing applications; rubber industry for blowing applications in the foam products and leather tanning applications
- Demand for ammonium bicarbonate has been significantly high in the agriculture segment for fertilizer formulations for the last decade. In China, ammonium bicarbonate has been utilized as an inexpensive fertilizer. However, urea acted as a more effective replacement in fertilizers due to the instability of ammonium bicarbonate. Consequently, demand for ammonium bicarbonate from the agriculture segment is anticipated to rise at a moderate pace in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to be a Key Market for Ammonium Bicarbonate
- In terms of region, the global ammonium bicarbonate market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the global ammonium bicarbonate market during forecast period. The leading position of China in both production and consumption of ammonium bicarbonate is likely contribute to its significant share in the market in the region by 2030. Expansion of the packaged food sector in India and countries in Southeast Asia is likely to further propel the demand for ammonium bicarbonate during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global ammonium bicarbonate market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- DCW Ltd.
- Biesterfeld AG
- Mangalore Chemicals & Fertilizers (MCF)
- Shandong Hualu-Hengsheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Xinji JiuYuan Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Haoyuan Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Weijiao Holdings Group Co., Ltd.
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market: Research Scope
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Food grade
- Industrial grade
Global Ammonium Bicarbonate Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Textile & Leather
- Others (fire-extinguishers, ceramic, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.