Ambient Energy Harvesting
- Conversion of ambient energy into usable electrical energy is known as ambient energy harvesting
- Energy harvesting or scavenging methods are characterized depending upon power density. Currently, three types of energy harvesting methods are used: electrostatic (capacitive) energy harvesting, electromagnetic energy harvesting, and piezoelectric energy harvesting.
- Under electromagnetic energy harvesting, a magnetic field converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. In case of piezoelectric energy harvesting, the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy by straining a piezoelectric material.
- Ambient mechanical and thermal energy are classified as the largest forms of renewable energy. They also provide desired power for low-power electronic devices by using piezoelectric and pyro-electric materials.
Key Drivers of Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market
- Demand for ambient energy harvesting has been increasing across the globe owing to rise in automation and digitization across the globe. Demand for electricity is high owing to an increase in population across the globe. This is driving the global ambient energy harvesting market.
- Rise in investments in renewable energy sources to reduce carbon footprint is anticipated to further boost the demand for ambient energy harvesting during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Governments of various countries have enforced nationwide lockdowns as a precautionary measure to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has disrupted planned ambient energy harvesting projects across the globe. The pandemic has disrupted the supply of new equipment and skilled labor in the market.
- On July 23, 2020, 8POWER was named by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in the May 2020 Cool Vendors in IoT Thingification report. The company’s innovative energy harvesting sensors are designed to help an industry improve efficiency, save money, and reduce carbon footprint. The Gartner recognition validates the company’s vision of helping water companies overcome resource limitations to diagnose issues with motorized assets early, thus reducing downtime and catastrophic failure.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market
- Based on region, the global ambient energy harvesting market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global ambient energy harvesting market in 2019, owing to rise in investments in the renewable sector such as solar, onshore & offshore wind energy, and geothermal energy. The region is implementing stringent environmental regulations to eliminate carbon emission by 2050.
- North America is estimated to hold prominent share of the global ambient energy harvesting market in the next few years. Demand for electricity has been rising due to implementation of smart city projects and IoT devices integrated with renewable energy sources
- Asia Pacific was a highly attractive region of the global ambient energy harvesting market in 2019, owing to rise in urbanization and globalization in the region. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period owing to increase in investments in renewable energy sources by countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The industrial and renewable sector in these regions has been developing at a rapid pace. This is projected to augment the demand for ambient energy harvesting in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
Leading players operating in the global ambient energy harvesting market include:
- CSIC - Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
- Edyza Inc.
- Flexous Mechanisms B. V.
- Nowi B.V.
- G24 Power Limited
- Infinite Power Solutions
- Drayson Holdco 2 Limited
Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market: Research Scope
Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market, by Source
Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market, by Type
- Electrostatic (Capacitive) Energy Harvesting
- Electromagnetic Energy Harvesting
- Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting
Global Ambient Energy Harvesting Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.