Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market: Introduction
- Sensors that measure ambient air quality are equipped with real-time communication for data transmission of the air quality
- The sensor technology has developed as a cost effective, easy, and fast way to monitor the quality of ambient air
- The main pollutants in ambient air are nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons
- The sensor technology reduces installation costs, enables quick and easy configuration, and develops low-cost air pollution monitoring systems suitable for mass deployment and implementation in real-world environments, in contrast to the traditional air quality monitoring.
- Earlier, air quality sensors were highly expensive; however, advances in technology have made these sensors cost-effective and more common among the population
- Increasing adoption of smart home and green building technologies, including effective ventilation, air quality monitoring and control, and indoor dust and gas management, and increasing consumer preference for a healthy, pollution-free environment are boosting the ambient air quality sensor market
Rising Demand for Ambient Air Quality Sensor in Industrial Sector
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into industrial, automotive, petrochemical, food and beverage, oil & gas, and others (pharmaceutical, chemical, etc.)
- The industrial segment of the global ambient air quality sensor market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of ambient air quality sensor for industrial usage of monitoring systems for ambient air pollution
- Expansion of the industrial sector is boosting the adoption of air quality monitoring systems from various industries in response to stringent government regulations
- Increasing usage of ambient air quality sensor for Internet of Things-enabled devices, which are often paired with a smartphone or tablet, is also propelling the market
North America to Lead Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global ambient air quality sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The North America market is expanding due to increasing adoption of new advanced indoor air quality monitoring technologies, ongoing technological advancements in the field of gas analyzers and particulate sensors, increasing public and private funding and investments for promoting indoor and outdoor air pollution monitoring, and presence of supporting government regulations. Innovation in technologies are expected to increase the demand for ambient air quality sensor.
- The ambient air quality sensor market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to reduced competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market
Major players operating in global ambient air quality sensor market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to a rise in the demand for ambient air quality sensor. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global ambient air quality sensor market include:
- Chemtrols Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- OIZOM INSTRUMENTS PVT. LTD.
- Hunan Rika Electronic Tech Co.,Ltd
Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market, by Portability
- Portable Air Quality Sensor
- Fixed Air Quality Sensor
Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market, by Application
- Restroom Toilet
- Living room
- Others (solar batteries or fuel cell, optical fiber etc.)
Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Food and beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Others (Pharmaceutical, Chemical etc.)
Global Ambient Air Quality Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa