Aluminum Phosphide: Introduction
- Aluminum phosphide is an inorganic phosphide used to control insects and rodents. Aluminum phosphide is prepared by reacting aluminum powder with elemental phosphorous.
- Aluminum phosphide is employed as an indoor fumigant in crop transport, storage, or processing facilities for food and non-food crops. It may also be used as an outdoor fumigant for burrowing rodent and mole control.
- Aluminum phosphide is a dark gray or dry yellow, crystalline solid. It is available in the form of pellets, tablets, and powder. When aluminum phosphide reacts with atmospheric water or rodent’s stomach acid, it generates toxic colorless phosphine gas that can kill he rodent.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Aluminum Phosphide Market
- Aluminum phosphide is used as fumigant in crop protection. Food & beverages industry accounts for major share of the global aluminum phosphide market. According to a report published by the UN 2017, global population is projected to reach 11.2 billion by 2100 as compared to 7.6 billion in 2017. With the increase in population, demand for agricultural commodities and grain storage facilities is expected to increase in the near future. The usage of aluminum phosphide as fumigant is estimated to increase in the near future in order to safeguard crops from rodents and other insects.
- Compared to other phosphides such as zinc phosphide and calcium phosphide, hydrolysis of aluminum phosphide produces very little diphosphane. Thus, it has less chance to self-ignite in air. Therefore, aluminum phosphide is preferred as a source of phosphine compared to other phosphides such as calcium phosphide. This is one of the key drivers of the global aluminum phosphide market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Restraints of Aluminum Phosphide Market
- Aluminum phosphide is toxic and volatile. Despite this, many companies engaged in the production of aluminum phosphide claim to develop such aluminum phosphide that is poisonous to only rodents or insects and not humans. Such false claims lead to an excessive use of aluminum phosphide, which can affect the health of pest control service providers. Incidences related to the side-effects of these products on human health have been coming to light. This is estimated to hamper the aluminum phosphide market.
- Constant exposure to aluminum phosphide for a prolonged period of time could cause acute and chronic disorders in humans. This has encouraged the shift of pest control service providers toward natural and less hazardous disinfectants such as fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides. Manufacturers of these less toxic products offer lower prices as compared to that of aluminum phosphide, zinc phosphide, and calcium phosphide. Thus, the threat of substitutes and new entrants is expected to remain moderate in the market during the forecast period.
Global Aluminum Phosphide Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on geography, the global aluminum phosphide market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the market owing to rapid development in areas of food security in the region. For instance, the Government of India has allotted US$ 6.5 Mn to create onion storage facility in Maharashtra, India. Similarly, governments of countries in Asia Pacific such as Vietnam, the Philippines, and China are planning to build grain storage facilities. This is projected to boost the demand of fumigants such as aluminum phosphide.
- Large numbers of regional players operate in the market in Asia Pacific, considering many countries in the region are based on agriculture. Additionally, the region is known for its technological advancement and its quick adoption. Furthermore, lower manufacturing cost vis-à-vis manufacturers based in North America and Europe is estimated to act as competitive advantage for key players in Asia Pacific.
- Led by a strong regulatory environment, the market in Europe is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. On the other hand, North America is anticipated to be a large-scale consumer of aluminum phosphide.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global aluminum phosphide market include:
- Detia Degesch GmbH
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Syngenta AG
- Agrosynth Chemicals
- Royal Agro Organic
- Sandhya Group
- Jiangsu Shuangling Chemical Group Co., Ltd
- Shenyang Harvest Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Shengpeng Technology Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Shengli Pesticide & Chemistry Co.,Ltd
Global Aluminum Phosphide Market: Research Scope
Global Aluminum Phosphide Market, by Application
Global Aluminum Phosphide Market, by Form
Global Aluminum Phosphide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.