Rising Demand for Aluminized Protective Apparel to Boost Global Aluminized Fabrics Market
- Aluminized clothing holds significance in the global personal protective equipment (PPE) industry for its ability to protect the wearer from extended exposure to radiant heat. Aluminized fabrics not only protect the wearer from getting burnt, but also maintain the wearer’s body temperature to the normal level.
- Aluminized clothing is most often worn by professionals who are exposed to both radiant heat and molten splash. Increasing demand for aluminized protective apparel among professionals working in environments with molten metals and radiant heat is expected to drive the aluminized fabrics market worldwide in the near future.
- Aluminized clothing is used in the surroundings wherein the ambient temperature can exceed 200°F. Heavy and rigid clothing may pose a serious threat to the wearer’s safety and productivity. Excessive weight may increase the potential for heat-stress-related injuries while reducing productivity. The global PPE industry calls for innovations in fabrics with comfort and enhanced protection.
- Aluminized apparel is used in the outer layer of a personal protective equipment (PPE) system, such as coats, hoods, jackets, full-body suits, overshoes, and pants. Various levels of protection can be obtained from different types of aluminized garments and garment combinations.
- Of late, growing number of incidences of occupational injuries has stressed the importance of using personal protective equipment, which is likely to boost global aluminized fabrics market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Aluminized Fabrics Market
- Aluminized fiberglass fabrics are most frequently used in heat-resistant clothing designed for firefighting. Firefighter gears must adhere to strict standards of NFPA testing, control, and approval.
- Rising importance of workplace safety led by stringent norms for protection of industrial workforce imposed by OSHA, NIOSH, and NFPA to improve working conditions is expected to drive the aluminized fabrics market during the forecast period
- Aluminized fabrics are preferred as lighter-weight alternatives for the traditional, heavier, radiant heat protection solutions. Technological advancements for reducing the weight of personal protective apparel are estimated to fuel the demand for aluminized fabrics in the next few years.
- A good measure for protective performance of an aluminized fabric is its ability to pass the ASTM F955 pour test. This test demonstrates and quantifies resistance of a protective fabric to molten metal as well as the amount of heat transferred to the wearer. Lighter-weight aluminized fabrics can pass the ASTM F955 pour test. Also, they offer improved comfort, reduce heat stress, and increase productivity. This factor is anticipated to be a challenge for fabric manufacturers during the forecast period.
Carbon Fibers to be a Key Fiber Type Segment; Vacuum Infusion and RTM to be Key Manufacturing Process Segments
- Based on product, the global aluminized fabrics market can be divided into aluminized fiberglass, aluminized aramid, aluminized rayon, aluminized leather, and others (such as aluminized PBI and aluminized carbon)
- Aluminized fiberglass fabrics are comparatively rigid and heavier in weight. They provide superior insulation and resistance to high temperatures. However, over the time, aluminized fiberglass fabrics can begin to harden and they need to be replaced.
- Aluminized rayon is one of the most economical aluminized fabrics. It is lighter in weight and flexible and it reflects radiant heat at the same level as other materials. However, aluminized rayon does not excel in resisting abrasion and molten metal splash.
- Aluminized carbon-aramid fabrics are designed to repel molten metal splash of up to 2,850°F. These offer exceptional tear resistance and durability. Aluminized aramid fabrics are more expensive as compared to their counterparts.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to be a Key Market for Aluminized Fabrics
- In terms of region, the global aluminized fabrics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Due to stringent norms concerning workforce safety in the region, adoption of aluminized fabrics in North America is expected to be the maximum in the near future
- With its mirror finish, aluminized clothing is highly effective at reflecting radiant heat. Aluminized coating can reflect up to 95% of thermal radiation away from the wearer. Aluminized fabrics are often constructed with a flame-resistant base fabric and multiple layers of aluminum, protective films, and heat-stable adhesives. The multi-layer design of aluminized fabrics improves abrasion resistance and maintain reflectivity of these fabrics even after repeated use.
- Increasing need for protective and security measures is anticipated to augment the aluminized fabrics market in developing economies including India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand between 2019 and 2027
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global aluminized fabrics market are:
- Newtex Industries, Inc.
- Gentex Corporation
- Norfab Corporation
- Shanghai C&G Safety Co., Ltd.
- Thermal Products Company
- Auburn Manufacturing Inc.
- Stanco Manufacturing, Inc.
- Apex Mills
- Swift Textile Metalizing
- Amatex Corporation
- Silver Needle Inc.
- LENARD MX, S de RL de CV
- PBI Fibers Americas
- Steel Grip, Inc.
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Product
- Aluminized Fiberglass
- Aluminized Aramid
- Aluminized Rayon
- Aluminized Leather
- Others (Including Aluminized PBI, Aluminized Carbon)
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Application
- Industrial Heat Shielding
- Molten Metal Splash Protective Clothing
- Radiant Heat Protective Clothing
- Proximity Firefighting
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.