Rising Demand for Aluminized Protective Apparel to Boost Global Aluminized Fabrics Market
- Aluminized clothing holds significance in the global personal protective equipment (PPE) industry for its ability to protect the wearer from extended exposure to radiant heat. Aluminized fabrics not only protect the wearer from getting burnt, but also maintain the wearer’s body temperature to the normal level.
- Aluminized clothing is most often worn by professionals who are exposed to both radiant heat and molten splash. Increasing demand for aluminized protective apparel among professionals working in environments with molten metals and radiant heat is expected to drive the aluminized fabrics market worldwide in the near future.
- Aluminized clothing is used in the surroundings wherein the ambient temperature can exceed 200°F. Heavy and rigid clothing may pose a serious threat to the wearer’s safety and productivity. Excessive weight may increase the potential for heat-stress-related injuries while reducing productivity. The global PPE industry calls for innovations in fabrics with comfort and enhanced protection.
- Aluminized apparel is used in the outer layer of a personal protective equipment (PPE) system, such as coats, hoods, jackets, full-body suits, overshoes, and pants. Various levels of protection can be obtained from different types of aluminized garments and garment combinations.
- Of late, growing number of incidences of occupational injuries has stressed the importance of using personal protective equipment, which is likely to boost global aluminized fabrics market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Aluminized Fabrics Market
- Aluminized fiberglass fabrics are most frequently used in heat-resistant clothing designed for firefighting. Firefighter gears must adhere to strict standards of NFPA testing, control, and approval.
- Rising importance of workplace safety led by stringent norms for protection of industrial workforce imposed by OSHA, NIOSH, and NFPA to improve working conditions is expected to drive the aluminized fabrics market during the forecast period
- Aluminized fabrics are preferred as lighter-weight alternatives for the traditional, heavier, radiant heat protection solutions. Technological advancements for reducing the weight of personal protective apparel are estimated to fuel the demand for aluminized fabrics in the next few years.
- A good measure for protective performance of an aluminized fabric is its ability to pass the ASTM F955 pour test. This test demonstrates and quantifies resistance of a protective fabric to molten metal as well as the amount of heat transferred to the wearer. Lighter-weight aluminized fabrics can pass the ASTM F955 pour test. Also, they offer improved comfort, reduce heat stress, and increase productivity. This factor is anticipated to be a challenge for fabric manufacturers during the forecast period.
Carbon Fibers to be a Key Fiber Type Segment; Vacuum Infusion and RTM to be Key Manufacturing Process Segments
- Based on product, the global aluminized fabrics market can be divided into aluminized fiberglass, aluminized aramid, aluminized rayon, aluminized leather, and others (such as aluminized PBI and aluminized carbon)
- Aluminized fiberglass fabrics are comparatively rigid and heavier in weight. They provide superior insulation and resistance to high temperatures. However, over the time, aluminized fiberglass fabrics can begin to harden and they need to be replaced.
- Aluminized rayon is one of the most economical aluminized fabrics. It is lighter in weight and flexible and it reflects radiant heat at the same level as other materials. However, aluminized rayon does not excel in resisting abrasion and molten metal splash.
- Aluminized carbon-aramid fabrics are designed to repel molten metal splash of up to 2,850°F. These offer exceptional tear resistance and durability. Aluminized aramid fabrics are more expensive as compared to their counterparts.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to be a Key Market for Aluminized Fabrics
- In terms of region, the global aluminized fabrics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Due to stringent norms concerning workforce safety in the region, adoption of aluminized fabrics in North America is expected to be the maximum in the near future
- With its mirror finish, aluminized clothing is highly effective at reflecting radiant heat. Aluminized coating can reflect up to 95% of thermal radiation away from the wearer. Aluminized fabrics are often constructed with a flame-resistant base fabric and multiple layers of aluminum, protective films, and heat-stable adhesives. The multi-layer design of aluminized fabrics improves abrasion resistance and maintain reflectivity of these fabrics even after repeated use.
- Increasing need for protective and security measures is anticipated to augment the aluminized fabrics market in developing economies including India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand between 2019 and 2027
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global aluminized fabrics market are:
- Newtex Industries, Inc.
- Gentex Corporation
- Norfab Corporation
- Shanghai C&G Safety Co., Ltd.
- Thermal Products Company
- Auburn Manufacturing Inc.
- Stanco Manufacturing, Inc.
- Apex Mills
- Swift Textile Metalizing
- Amatex Corporation
- Silver Needle Inc.
- LENARD MX, S de RL de CV
- PBI Fibers Americas
- Steel Grip, Inc.
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market: Research Scope
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Product
- Aluminized Fiberglass
- Aluminized Aramid
- Aluminized Rayon
- Aluminized Leather
- Others (Including Aluminized PBI, Aluminized Carbon)
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Application
- Industrial Heat Shielding
- Molten Metal Splash Protective Clothing
- Radiant Heat Protective Clothing
- Proximity Firefighting
Global Aluminized Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.