- Alphamethylstyrene, also known as isopropenyl benzene, is an organic compound with molecular formula of C6H5C(CH3)CH2. It is a colorless liquid that emits sharp odor. Alphamethylstyrene is used as co-monomer in numerous polymerization processes in order to improve the heat and impact resistance of products. Alphamethylstyrene is manufactured as a byproduct in the phenol manufacturing process of cumene oxidation.
- Alphamethylstyrene undergoes purification by constant distillation at a reduced pressure in order to decrease phenol, cumene, and butyl benzene impurities. Alphamethylstyrene can be easily copolymerized with monomers such as benzene and acrylates. The price of alphamethylstyrene depends upon the price trends of benzene.
- Alphamethylstyrene is employed in a wide range of applications such as adhesives, plastics, and chemicals. It is utilized in the manufacture of resins, including acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, in the plastics industry. Additionally, alphamethylstyrene is used as a plastic additive. Furthermore, alphamethylstyrene is employed in the manufacture of perfumes, lubricating oils, and plasticizers.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Alphamethylstyrene Market
- Increase in adoption of alphamethylstyrene in protective gear and automotive manufacturing applications is a major factor estimated to drive the global alphamethylstyrene market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in demand for alphamethylstyrene in the chemicals industry, where alphamethylstyrene is utilized as an intermediate, is projected to boost the alphamethylstyrene market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for plasticizers, wax, coatings, and adhesives in the automotive industry is a key factor propelling the global alphamethylstyrene market. Furthermore, growth in demand for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) resins owing to constant expansion in automotive and electronics sectors is augmenting the demand for alphamethylstyrene. Increase in investments by key manufacturers in order to enhance the manufacturing process is another factor anticipated to boost the global alphamethylstyrene market during the forecast period.
- Alphamethylstyrene is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents such as copper, mercury, and alkaline pesticides. This is a prominent factor expected to hamper the global alphamethylstyrene market during the forecast period.
Alphamethylstyrene: Purity Segment
- Based on purity, the global alphamethylstyrene market can be bifurcated into below 99% and above 99%
- In terms of revenue, the below 99% segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to increase in adoption of alphamethylstyrene in the production of heat-resistant ABS. Alphamethylstyrene is also used as raw material of organic compounds in the production process of pigments and paint adhesives.
Alphamethylstyrene: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global alphamethylstyrene market can be divided into resins, plasticizers, adhesives, coatings, wax, chemical intermediates, and others
- In terms of revenue, the resins segment is projected to constitute significant share of the global alphamethylstyrene market during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Alphamethylstyrene Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the global alphamethylstyrene market in the near future.
Europe to Dominate Global Alphamethylstyrene Market
- In terms of region, the global alphamethylstyrene market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America is expected to account for significant share of the global alphamethylstyrene market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in adoption of alphamethylstyrene in automotive and wax industries in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Alphamethylstyrene Market
The global alphamethylstyrene market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global alphamethylstyrene market include:
- INEOS Group Holdings S.A.
- Kumho Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Sunoco Chemicals
- Prasol Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Solvay SA
- AdvanSix Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Versalis SPA
- Taiwan Prosperity Chemical Corp
Global Alphamethylstyrene Market: Research Scope
Global Alphamethylstyrene Market, by Type
- Below 99%
- Above 99%
Global Alphamethylstyrene Market, by End-use
- Chemical intermediates
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.