Alpha Methyl Styrene Market: Introduction
- Alpha methyl styrene, also known as isopropenyl benzene, is an inorganic compound. It is a colorless liquid that emits sharp odor. Alpha methyl styrene is used as co-monomer in numerous polymerization processes in order to improve the heat and impact resistance of products. Alpha methyl styrene is manufactured as a byproduct in the phenol manufacturing process of cumene oxidation. Additionally, it undergoes purification by constant distillation at a reduced pressure in order to decrease phenol, cumene, and butyl benzene impurities. Alpha methyl styrene can be easily copolymerized with monomers such as benzene and acrylates. The price of alpha methyl styrene depends upon the price trends of benzene.
- Alpha methyl styrene is employed in a wide range of applications such as adhesives, plastics, and chemicals. It is utilized in the manufacture of resins, including acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, in the plastics industry. Additionally, alpha methyl styrene is used as a plastic additive. Furthermore, alpha methyl styrene is employed in the manufacture of perfumes, lubricating oils, and plasticizers.
Key Drivers of Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market
- Increase in adoption of alpha methyl styrene in protective gear and automotive manufacturing applications is a major factor estimated to drive the global alpha methyl styrene market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in demand for alpha methyl styrene in the chemicals industry, where alpha methyl styrene is utilized as an intermediate, is projected to boost the alpha methyl styrene market in the near future.
- Rise in demand for plasticizers, wax, coatings, and adhesives in the automotive industry is a key factor propelling the global alpha methyl styrene market. Furthermore, growth in demand for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) resins owing to constant expansion in the automotive and electronics sectors is augmenting the demand for alpha methyl styrene. Increase in investments by key manufacturers in order to enhance the manufacturing process is another factor anticipated to boost the global alpha methyl styrene market during the forecast period.
- Its incompatibility with strong oxidizing agents such as copper, mercury, and alkaline pesticides is a prominent factor expected to hamper the global alpha methyl styrene market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Demand for Alpha Methyl Styrene in Resin Manufacturing
- Based on purity, the global alpha methyl styrene market can be bifurcated into <99% and >99%. In terms of revenue, the <99% segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to increase in adoption of alpha methyl styrene in the production of heat-resistant ABS. Alpha methyl styrene is also used as raw material of organic compounds in the production process of pigments and paint adhesives.
- Based on application, the global alpha methyl styrene market can be divided into resins, plasticizers, adhesives, coatings, wax, chemical intermediates, and others. In terms of revenue, the resins segment is projected to constitute significant share of the global alpha methyl styrene market during the forecast period.
Europe: Key Market for Alpha Methyl Styrene
- In terms of region, the global alpha methyl styrene market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America is expected to account for significant share of the global alpha methyl styrene market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in adoption of alpha methyl styrene in automotive and wax industries in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers in Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market
- Major players are focusing on improving the quality of alpha methyl styrene in order to expand their product offerings and gain competitive edge in the global alpha methyl styrene market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Solvay SA
- AdvanSix Inc.
- INEOS Group Holdings S.A.
- Kumho Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Versalis SPA
- Taiwan Prosperity Chemical Corp
- Sunoco Chemicals
- Prasol Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market: Research Scope
Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market, by Purity
Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market, by Application
- Chemical intermediates
Global Alpha Methyl Styrene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.