Allyl Alcohol: Introduction
- Allyl alcohol is a colorless liquid. Allyl alcohol emits mustard-like odor. When compared to water, allyl alcohol is less dense, but the vapors are heavier than air. Allyl alcohol is toxic by inhalation and ingestion. Exposure to low concentration or even short exposure to high concentrations may have adverse health effects on human beings. There are various methods of manufacturing allyl alcohol.
- Allyl alcohol can be obtained by hydrolyzing allyl chloride with sodium hydroxide solution. The hydrolyzing process yields high concentration of allyl alcohol. Increase in commercial interest to obtain better yields has replaced the hydrolysis method with catalytic rearrangement of propene oxide. Under this method, propene oxide vapor is passed over lithium phosphate catalyst. Other methods of obtaining allyl alcohol include catalytic hydrogenation of acrolein in vapor phase.
- Allyl alcohol is used as a precursor to many specialized compounds such as drying oils, flame resistant materials, and plasticizers. Additionally, allyl alcohol is used as feedstock for the production of glycerol. Ally alcohol is highly toxic, flammable, and reactive; as a result, it needs to be handled carefully.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Allyl Alcohol Market
- Demand for allyl alcohol is primarily dependent on the demand and consumption characteristics of chemical and plastic industries. Rise in demand for glycerol production and polymer-based products is boosting the market for allyl alcohol.
- Demand for allyl alcohol is high in the manufacture of safety glass, CRT screens, paints & coatings, silane coupling agents, optical resins, and polymer crosslinking agents. The market is also set to witness healthy growth owing to the adoption of allyl alcohol in the resin industry. Increase in adoption of allyl alcohol in the paints & coating industry is anticipated to provide further impetus to the market during the forecast period.
- Stringent environmental laws and regulations present in regions such as North America and Europe are estimated to hamper the allyl alcohol market
Allyl Alcohol: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global allyl alcohol market can be segmented into optical resins, safety glass, CRT screens, paints & coatings, silane coupling agents, polymer crosslinking agents, and others
- The polymer crosslinking agents segment is expected to account for significant share of the global allyl alcohol market during the forecast period
- The silane coupling agents segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Allyl Alcohol Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the allyl alcohol market to some extent.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Allyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global allyl alcohol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held significant share of the global allyl alcohol market in 2019. It is anticipated to remain a key region of the global market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for allyl alcohol in the manufacture of various chemical intermediaries. Europe is also predicted to be one of the major regional markets for allyl alcohol. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand rapidly owing to significant advancements in polymer and chemical manufacturing sectors in countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan. Rapid growth in the plastic industry is also fuelling the demand for allyl alcohol in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Allyl Alcohol Market
The global allyl alcohol market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global allyl alcohol market include:
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Seqens Group
- Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Daicel Corporation
- Dow Chemical
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Dairen Chemical Corporation (DCC)
Global Allyl Alcohol Market: Research Scope
Global Allyl Alcohol Market, by Application
- Optical Resins
- Safety Glass
- CRT Screens
- Paints & Coatings
- Silane Coupling Agents
- Polymer Crosslinking Agents
Global Allyl Alcohol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.