Global Alfalfa Market: Overview
Alfalfa plays a significant role as a type of livestock forage for the animal feed due to its high protein and digestible fibre content. The crop is mainly used for feeding dairy cows, cattle, horses, sheep, and goats. The key countries producing alfalfa include Italy, Canada, France, The U.S., and Spain. The United States is the world leader in alfalfa production and export, Japan being the chief importer of US alfalfa hay. Alfalfa hay demand is mainly driven by its high nutrient content as alfalfa is a rich source for protein and energy that helps improve: the lactation, reproduction, maintenance and growth of the livestock.
Global Alfalfa Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing high quality hay demand for increasing milk production in dairy cattle is the key driving factor for global alfalfa market. Moreover, owing to benefits of alfalfa including high nutrient content, rich source for protein and energy that helps improve: the lactation, reproduction, maintenance and growth of the livestock, the global alfalfa market is expected to grow significantly in the near future. However, changing water restrictions government policies and competition with high-value crops are some of the restraining factors for the global alfalfa market. With the accelerating global demand for alfalfa, the prices for alfalfa are high, which have led dairy producers to search for the replacements.
Global Alfalfa Market: Segmentation
On the basis of application, market is segmented into:-
- Dairy products
On the basis of product type, market is segmented into:-
On the basis of product offerings, market is segmented in:-
- Special Dietary Needs
- Low fat/low sodium/lowered sugar
- Allergen free
- Raw Food
Global Alfalfa Market: Region wise Outlook
The global alfalfa market is divided into seven regions, namely Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), North America, Japan, Western Europe, and Middle East and Africa (MEA).In the global alfalfa market North America holds the major market share, of which, USA has been the highest contributor for the North America alfalfa market. In the Western Europe, Spain has been the principal exporter for the alfalfa hay entailed by France, and Italy, thus contributing significantly to the Europe alfalfa market. Though, USA produces better quality crops in comparison to Spain. In MEA region, among the different GCC countries, Saudi Arabia is the major importers of alfalfa. Also, Japan is the chief importer of US hay, trailed by China, Korea and others.
Global Alfalfa Market: Key Players
- Alfalfa Monegros, S.L. Gansu Daye
- Border Valley
- Accomazzo Company
- Multi feeds
- Los Venteros S.C.
- Grupo Osés
- SL Follen Company
- Al Dahra ACX Global, Inc.
- Anderson Hay & Grain Inc.
- Knight Ag Sourcing
- Hay USA
- Bailey Farms
- Haykingdom Inc.
- Standlee Hay Company
- Green Prairie International
- Cubeit Hay Company
- M&C Hay
- McCracken Hay Company
- Riverina (Australia) Pty
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.