The global airport on-ground services market is estimated to be driven by the growing development in the infrastructure of the aviation industry. Across the globe millions of passengers travel by air every year. To cater to the needs of such humungous volume of passengers, people have been working around the clock at airport premises to handle flights, people, and freights and baggage. These people are known as ground staff.
Ground handlers handle baggage and freight. Ground handlers are employees of airports or airline companies. In addition to baggage handling, they also do some odd jobs while making the plane ready for its flight. The duties of ground handlers very between airlines and airports and there are quite a few tasks that are common to most of the positions. Ground staff generally works under some stress, however, at the same time, they need to handly, both passengers and baggage, with care.
On the basis of services, the global airport on-ground services market are classified into five different types, these are:
- Freight and baggage handling
- Passenger service
- Lounge and Premium Services
The global airport on-ground services market is estimated to be driven by developments in the aviation industry. With the rise in the number of air travelers, congestion in airports are increasing, thereby creating more demand for airport on-ground services. As such, many countries and governments are making substantial investment in developing the infrastructure to offer improved cargo and passenger carrying capacity to the airports.
With the rise in the number of passengers traveling by air, the airlines have expanded their size of the fleet to cater to increasing needs. This has led to increased frequency of aircraft movements, which is likely to boost growth of the global airport on-ground services market over the forecast tenure. It is also expected that privatization of airports will support growth of the market as well.
Airport On-ground Services Market - Introduction
- Airport on-ground services plays a vital role in the aviation industry, and the market is expected to witness enormous growth in the forthcoming years. Airport on-ground services are becoming complex in nature as the number of activities involved are growing in number, due to the increased passenger traffic and number of aircraft fleet.
- Airport on-ground services range from facilitating the activities related to customer experience to aircraft servicing. Demand for airport on-ground services is rising at a high pace, due to a rise in the number of airports across the globe.
- Airport on-ground services include cargo handling services, aircraft handling, passenger check-in and check-out, transfer and arrivals, crew management, flight operation, and communication
- Key players operating in the global airport on-ground services market are making efforts to handle busy airport environment efficiently in a cost-effective manner.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Airport On-ground Services Market
Increased passenger traffic in Asia Pacific to drive demand for airport on-ground services
- According to International Air Transport Association (IATA), passenger traffic across the globe is expected to be double to reach 8.2 billion by 2037
- Consistent rise in passenger’s traffic is fueling the expansion of aircraft fleet and delivery. These factors demand better management services, which is a key factor attributed to the increasing demand for airport on-ground services.
North America to dominate global airport on-ground services market
- North America is expected to account for a notable share of the global airport on-ground services market during the forecast period, primarily due to the presence of a considerably high number of airports in the U.S. Airports in the U.S. are spending significantly for on-ground services. The market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, which in turn is anticipated to drive the airport on-ground services market in the region.
Airport on-ground services market in Asia Pacific to expand significantly
- The aviation industry in several countries in Asia Pacific is witnessing significant expansion. Passenger traffic across the globe is heading toward Asia Pacific. Countries such as India, China, and Indonesia are witnessing considerable economic expansion, increased disposable income, and improved standards of living, which in turn is fueling the number of passengers and travelers in the region.
- The number of airports in the region is also rising consistently, which is fueling competition between providers of airport on-ground services. Airlines are offering improved experiences to passengers and smooth operations at airports, which in turn is expected to drive the airport on-ground services market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Airport On-Ground Services Market”
Airport On-Ground Services Market - Competition Landscape
The top five players are expected to account for 30% to 35% share of the global airport on-ground services market. A few of the key players operating in the global airport on-ground services market are:
- BBA Aviation Plc
- Dubai National Air Transport Association
- Menzies Aviation Plc
- SATS Ltd.
- Swissport International AG
Swissport International AG:
Headquartered in Opfikon, Switzerland, Swissport International AG was incorporated in 1996. In 2019, the company provided airport ground and cargo handling services at 310 airports in 49 countries across the globe. The company’s service portfolio includes airport ground services, air cargo handling, fueling, aircraft maintenance, and aviation security.
BBA Aviation Plc:
Headquartered in London, U.K., BBA Aviation Plc was founded in 1879. The company has operations across the globe and primarily operates through three segments: signature, ontic, and engine repair and overhaul.
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market- Research Scope
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Application Area
- Customer experience
- Aircraft handling
- Cargo handling
- Lounge and premium services
- Load control, communications and flight operation
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Airport Type
- Commercial airport
- Cargo airport
- Military airports
- General aviation airport
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.