The global airport on-ground services market is estimated to be driven by the growing development in the infrastructure of the aviation industry. Across the globe millions of passengers travel by air every year. To cater to the needs of such humungous volume of passengers, people have been working around the clock at airport premises to handle flights, people, and freights and baggage. These people are known as ground staff.
Ground handlers handle baggage and freight. Ground handlers are employees of airports or airline companies. In addition to baggage handling, they also do some odd jobs while making the plane ready for its flight. The duties of ground handlers very between airlines and airports and there are quite a few tasks that are common to most of the positions. Ground staff generally works under some stress, however, at the same time, they need to handly, both passengers and baggage, with care.
On the basis of services, the global airport on-ground services market are classified into five different types, these are:
- Freight and baggage handling
- Passenger service
- Lounge and Premium Services
The global airport on-ground services market is estimated to be driven by developments in the aviation industry. With the rise in the number of air travelers, congestion in airports are increasing, thereby creating more demand for airport on-ground services. As such, many countries and governments are making substantial investment in developing the infrastructure to offer improved cargo and passenger carrying capacity to the airports.
With the rise in the number of passengers traveling by air, the airlines have expanded their size of the fleet to cater to increasing needs. This has led to increased frequency of aircraft movements, which is likely to boost growth of the global airport on-ground services market over the forecast tenure. It is also expected that privatization of airports will support growth of the market as well.
Airport On-ground Services Market - Introduction
- Airport on-ground services plays a vital role in the aviation industry, and the market is expected to witness enormous growth in the forthcoming years. Airport on-ground services are becoming complex in nature as the number of activities involved are growing in number, due to the increased passenger traffic and number of aircraft fleet.
- Airport on-ground services range from facilitating the activities related to customer experience to aircraft servicing. Demand for airport on-ground services is rising at a high pace, due to a rise in the number of airports across the globe.
- Airport on-ground services include cargo handling services, aircraft handling, passenger check-in and check-out, transfer and arrivals, crew management, flight operation, and communication
- Key players operating in the global airport on-ground services market are making efforts to handle busy airport environment efficiently in a cost-effective manner.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers of Airport On-ground Services Market
Increased passenger traffic in Asia Pacific to drive demand for airport on-ground services
- According to International Air Transport Association (IATA), passenger traffic across the globe is expected to be double to reach 8.2 billion by 2037
- Consistent rise in passenger’s traffic is fueling the expansion of aircraft fleet and delivery. These factors demand better management services, which is a key factor attributed to the increasing demand for airport on-ground services.
North America to dominate global airport on-ground services market
- North America is expected to account for a notable share of the global airport on-ground services market during the forecast period, primarily due to the presence of a considerably high number of airports in the U.S. Airports in the U.S. are spending significantly for on-ground services. The market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, which in turn is anticipated to drive the airport on-ground services market in the region.
Airport on-ground services market in Asia Pacific to expand significantly
- The aviation industry in several countries in Asia Pacific is witnessing significant expansion. Passenger traffic across the globe is heading toward Asia Pacific. Countries such as India, China, and Indonesia are witnessing considerable economic expansion, increased disposable income, and improved standards of living, which in turn is fueling the number of passengers and travelers in the region.
- The number of airports in the region is also rising consistently, which is fueling competition between providers of airport on-ground services. Airlines are offering improved experiences to passengers and smooth operations at airports, which in turn is expected to drive the airport on-ground services market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Airport On-Ground Services Market”
Airport On-Ground Services Market - Competition Landscape
The top five players are expected to account for 30% to 35% share of the global airport on-ground services market. A few of the key players operating in the global airport on-ground services market are:
- BBA Aviation Plc
- Dubai National Air Transport Association
- Menzies Aviation Plc
- SATS Ltd.
- Swissport International AG
Swissport International AG:
Headquartered in Opfikon, Switzerland, Swissport International AG was incorporated in 1996. In 2019, the company provided airport ground and cargo handling services at 310 airports in 49 countries across the globe. The company’s service portfolio includes airport ground services, air cargo handling, fueling, aircraft maintenance, and aviation security.
BBA Aviation Plc:
Headquartered in London, U.K., BBA Aviation Plc was founded in 1879. The company has operations across the globe and primarily operates through three segments: signature, ontic, and engine repair and overhaul.
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market- Research Scope
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Application Area
- Customer experience
- Aircraft handling
- Cargo handling
- Lounge and premium services
- Load control, communications and flight operation
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Airport Type
- Commercial airport
- Cargo airport
- Military airports
- General aviation airport
Global Airport On-Ground Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.