Airport Digitalization Market: Overview
The acknowledgment and presence of advanced innovations at airports has successfully made ecosystem inside airports stronger so that can oblige any necessities of the purchaser, while likewise guaranteeing a smooth and safe working of the airport itself. From mobile boarding passes and instant messages for flight calendars to sensor-based activity control and even huge data analytics, the global airport digitalization market is as of now abounding with developments went for making the whole procedure smoother, quicker, more secure, and financially savvy. Biometric technologies are enabling airports to make client profiles that permits staff and even fliers to oversee procedures, for example, self-check in, direction through the airport, and quick reports on flight plans. The global airport digitalization market likewise incorporates various advanced trials that can help settle basic explorer issues and enhance the operational proficiency of the airport.
From the point of view of wellbeing, the global airport digitalization market is at the highest point of its business operations, with various players giving best in class security and wellbeing based advanced innovations and administrations. The developing rates of wrongdoing and terrorist activities over the world is augmenting the demand for enhanced airport security, offering ascend to digital measures for securing luggage transport and travelers alike.
The most important factor driving the market for airport digitalization is the growth in crimes and terrorist activities across airports prompting human casualties along with the damage to the infrastructure. Organizations over the globe are creating vigorous advancements for traveler screening, stuff screening, and safety efforts which helps in examining each traveler while entering the airport and additionally their things. This factor has expanded enthusiasm among airport experts to consolidate these safety efforts so as to secure the airport. In addition, the improvement of programming utilizing Big Data that guides travelers amid check in or ticketing utilizing self-benefit stands is assisting airport specialists with digitalizing the airports. The impact of Big Data in the digitalization of airports has had a positive effect and is incredibly assisting the market for airport digitalization.
Global Airport Digitalization Market: Snapshot
The acceptance and presence of digital technologies at airports has successfully created ecosystems inside airports that can cater to any and all needs of the consumer, while also ensuring a smooth and safe functioning of the airport itself. From mobile boarding passes and text messages for flight schedules to sensor-based traffic control and even big data analytics, the global airport digitalization market is currently teeming with innovations aimed at making the entire process smoother, faster, safer, and cost effective. Biometric technology is allowing airports to create user profiles that allows staff and even fliers to manage processes such as self-check in, guidance through the airport, and immediate updates on flight schedules. The global airport digitalization market also includes a number of digital experiments that can help resolve common traveler issues and improve the operational efficiency of the airport.
From the perspective of safety, the global airport digitalization market is at the top of its game, with numerous players providing state of the art security and safety based digital technologies and services. The growing rates of crime and terrorist activities across the world is creating a heightened need for airport security, giving rise to digital measures for safeguarding baggage transport and passengers alike.
The most prominent factor driving the market for airport digitalization is the increase in crimes and terrorist activities in airports leading to human casualties as well as infrastructure damage. Companies across the globe are developing robust technologies for passenger screening, baggage screening, and security measures which helps in scrutinizing every passenger while entering the airport as well as their baggage. This factor has increased interest among airport authorities to incorporate these security measures in order to secure the airport. Moreover, the development of software using Big Data that aids passengers during check in or ticketing using self-service kiosks is helping airport authorities to digitalize the airports. The influence of Big Data in the digitalization of airports has had a positive impact and is greatly helping the market for airport digitalization to expand in future.
The growth rate of the market for airport digitalization is however hampered by the increasing need for data privacy and protection. The world is facing a challenge from cyber-attacks, which is also negatively impacting digitalization in every sectors. Data regarding passengers, baggage, staff, as well as airport operations is growing rapidly on a daily basis. This data can be converted into important information with the objective of improving airport operations by increasing business flexibility and minimizing operational risks. The risk of losing this valuable information can lead to unavoidable situations at an airport. In developing nations, airport authorities are limiting the incorporation of such software in order to reduce the risk of cyber-attacks, which in turn is inhibiting the airport digitalization market to expand in the coming years.
The airport digitalization market is poised to grow over the years due to certain factors extensively impacting market growth such as evolution of mobile based applications, introduction of facial recognition and retina recognition systems in airports, as well as baggage scanning software. Mobile based applications allow passengers to check-in before arriving at the airport, also help ticketing to get done easily. The facial or retina recognition systems helps law enforcement officers to scrutinize every passenger entering an airport. Baggage scanning software allows the crew and the police to scan the baggage or cargo before loading them on to the aircraft. Thus, these factors are expected to fuel the market for airport digitalization in the coming years.
The market for airport digitalization is segmented on basis of application and geography. Based on application, the market is categorized as passenger screening and security, baggage services, passenger assistance, and retail. The rapid escalation of terrorist activities and crimes in airports have led the introduction of various passenger screening and security measures such as retina scan, facial recognition, self-service kiosks, and biometric sensors. These safety measures have enabled the passenger screening and security segment (in the application segment) to dominate the market and the segment is anticipated to retain its dominance in the next few years. The market for airport digitalization is segmented on the basis of five strategic regions globally, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. The market is led by North America due to a number of companies developing different software in order to offer enhanced safety in airports and to the crew as well as provide easy passenger assistance. Moreover, airports authorities across North America are rapidly adopting these safety and easy measures, which is leading the region to dominate the market.
The major players operating in the airport digitalization market includes Microsoft Corporation (U.S), IBM (U.S), Cisco Systems Inc. (U.S), Siemens AG (Germany), Apple Inc. (U.S), Living PlanIT SA (Portugal), Scarabee (Netherlands), Wind River (U.S), Daifuku Co. Ltd. (JAPAN), and SITA (Belgium).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.