Global Airport Biometrics Market – Introduction
- Airport biometric system is a preferred security system. Biometrics is defined as the measurement of biological statistics or characteristics of the human body. Authentication of the human body is carried out by its various biological characteristics and the further verification is performed in airport biometrics.
- Increasing threat of terrorism and crime is the key reason why the use of biometric access systems is crucial in identification. Several incidents of airplane hacking have made the use of biometrics essential in airports. This is significantly driving the global airport biometrics market.
- Security is a highly important factor, especially in airplane travelling, wherein there are hundreds of passengers on-board. Identification and verification of passengers becomes easier with the use of biometrics on airports. Moreover, digitization as well as automation of processes is constantly fueling the adoption of airport biometrics market.
Increased Automation and Digitization of Authentication Process to Drive Global Airport Biometrics Market
- Accurate identification and verification is highly important as far as safety of passengers is concerned. Airport biometric systems make this process more efficient, convenient, and versatile. Automation of passenger verification also reduces the labor cost and eases out the management of patient data.
- Increasing passenger flow has certainly raised concerns regarding the security and management. This, in turn, is driving the global airport biometrics market.
- A completely automated self-service experience can be offered to passengers with the help of airport biometrics
- Moreover, airport biometric systems also save the time required for identification as well as verification.
- Hence, the above mentioned factors are responsible for driving the airport biometrics market at a significant rate
Increasing Adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) Worldwide to Drive Global Airport Biometrics Market
- Big Data and Internet of Things (IoT) are flourishing at a significant rate, due to technological advancements in various industry verticals. These advancements are also implemented in high-end cameras that are further used for face recognition. Analytics is used in cameras for natural language processing (NLP), face recognition, and artificial intelligence (AI). A large volume of data is captured and the data is analyzed. This is very useful in airport biometrics.
- The concept of IoT is to connect any two devices with the help of Internet, enabling them to communicate with each other. In order to achieve this, several sensors need to be placed in these devices. The application base of airport biometrics is expanding with the widespread adoption of cloud cameras.
- Thus, increasing adoption of IoT is significantly boosting the adoption of biometrics in the transportation industry and, thereby, in airports. Hence, driving the airport biometrics market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Airport Biometrics Market
- In terms of region, the global airport biometrics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global airport biometrics market during the forecast period, due to advancements in technology and the introduction of airport biometrics applications with enhanced customer experience in the region
- The airport biometrics markets in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa are expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period.
Global Airport Biometrics Market – Competition Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Airport Biometrics Market
- 2N TELEKOMUNIKACE A.S.
- AMAG Technology, A G4S Company
- ASSA ABLOY
- Automatic Systems
- Axis Communications AB
- Gunnebo AB
- HID Global Corporation/ASSA ABLOY AB
- Inner Range
- Matrix Comsec Pvt. Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- Paxton Access Ltd.
- SALTO Systems
- Vanderbilt Industries
Global Airport Biometrics Market: Research Scope
Global Airport Biometrics Market, by Application
- Face Recognition
- Iris Recognition
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Palm Print Recognition
- Finger Vein Recognition
- Voice Recognition
- Ear Acoustics Authentication
Global Airport Biometrics Market, by Component
Global Airport Biometrics Market, by Contact Type
Global Airport Biometrics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.