Airport and Marine Port Security Market: Introduction
- Airport and marine ports implement security systems such as surveillance systems, screening & scanning, and network access for the safe exchange of goods and passenger travel. The implementation of security systems is essential to ensure goods are being imported as well as exported securely. With a minutes delay in the security there can be disasters such as criminal activities or terrorist attacks which can result in extensive damages with regards to human & financial losses. Therefore, airport and marine ports are ever more interested in smart security programs to deal with rising customers’ expectations.
- The maritime industry have been amongst the worst hit industries by the COVID-19 pandemic, while disrupting supply chains across the global and losing millions of jobs. The airport and marine port security market has suffered heavy losses, in terms of revenue, during the COVID-19 pandemic. The impact of COVID-19 on the maritime sector has been severe; however, it has also provided an opportunity for the industry to reimagine its future. Both sectors have repeatedly shown their flexibility to bounce back stronger & smarter for the crisis. However, the pandemic is expected to make the ports more resilient and with great planning & more investments, ports are anticipated to make grander strides toward becoming future ready.
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market: Dynamics
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market: Key Drivers
- The global airport and marine port security market is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period. Alliances in the marine & aviation industry are expected to drive the airport and marine port security market, while providing lesser logistics costs, supporting reliability, and offering enhanced efficiency objectives. Moreover, need for security in these premises, owing to increasing criminal activities & terrorist attacks, is a major concern. Governments are emphasizing on the development of various security rules & regulations to ensure secure trade and travel. The U.S. Government formed agencies such as Transport Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security and implemented the international ship & port facility code in order to benefit coordination between port security & state security services. Thus, the necessity to sustain trade & business and tackle threats to ports and national security is anticipated to drive the airport and marine port security market.
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market
- In terms of region, the global airport and marine port security market are divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the global airport and marine port security & dominate the market during the forecast period. The airport and marine port security market offers impending growth opportunities for the market. Asia Pacific & Middle East & Africa are investing heavily on airport and marine port security technology to enhance their security infrastructure in order to tackle terrorist threats. Asia Pacific is also increasing the outsourcing of its network infrastructure security, as it is not in a position to handle multiple and complex threats.
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Airport and Marine Port Security Market
Airport and marine port security providers are carrying out various expansion and advanced strategies to consolidate their share in the global airport and marine port security market. Key players are collaborating with other major players to expand their geographic presence in order to cater to the rising demand for airport and marine port security. Companies such as FLIR System, Inc. are providing thermal imaging cameras for airport security. Apart from airports, FLIR cameras are increasingly being deployed across numerous facilities such as Incheon International Airport Corporation in South Korea, Unites States Department of Defense, and General Motors etc.
Key players operating in global airport and marine port security market include:
- Tyco International Ltd.
- L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- HCL Infosystems Limited
- Bosch Security Systems
- Unisys Corporation
- Flir Systems, Inc.
- SAAB AB
- Siemens AG
In January 2021, Pittsburgh International Airport collaborated with Honeywell International to test air quality development technology at xBridge, which is the newly opened innovation center. The Honeywell Healthy Buildings dashboard is an authority for assessing essential indoor air quality parameters such as temperature, carbon dioxide, and humidity. It is a trial to sustain air quality owing to growing stream of traffic on airports.
In February 2021, to provide safety, connected control & security systems for the King Salman International Complex in Saudi Arabia, Honeywell secured a contract via SEPCO Electric Power Construction Corporation for maritime industries & services shipyard in Saudi Arabia. The solution provided by Honeywell International provides assimilated telecom & security systems to benefit the facility operators in maximizing on-site security.
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market Dynamics: Research Scope
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market Dynamics, by Infrastructure
- Marine Port
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market Dynamics, by Service
- Training and Consulting
- System Integration
- Facility and Asset Management
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market Dynamics, by Technology
- Real-Time Location Systems
- Screening and Scanning Systems
- Surveillance Systems
- Network Access Control and Security
- Physical Access Control Systems
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection System
Global Airport and Marine Port Security Market Dynamics, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.