Airless Packaging for Cosmetics Market: Overview
The demand for premium cosmetic products will boost the demand for the airless packaging for cosmetics market globally. Products such as foundations, skincare creams, foundations, serums and many more have grown after a large demand over the last few years. The rising number of working women and the demand for natural skin care products have skyrocketed over the last decade which has simultaneously affected the airless packaging for cosmetics market.
Airless bottles and jars are preferred over airless pouches and tubes in the packaging of premium quality cosmetic products because they provide an aesthetic appeal to the consumers. In the cosmetic industry, airless tubes are used in packaging in smaller quantities concerning airless jars and bottles.
The airless packaging for cosmetics market has seen a recent boom because cosmetics the semisolid ones such as creams, lotions, gels, pastes have product integrity to maintain which can only happen if the shelf life of these premium products is increased by packing them in airless tubes, jars, bottles and pouches. Thus the airless packaging prevents the need for preservatives for external influences such as UV light and oxygen.
Airless Packaging for Cosmetics Market: Drivers
The cosmetic Industry was facing a lot of setbacks due to limited self-life which was also hindered due to contamination with UV sunlight and oxidation of products. But with the introduction of airless packaging, the cosmetic industry has seen rapid improvement in quality. With the coming of the airless packaging for cosmetics market, the industry has seen enormous benefits and with an increase in shelf life due to airless packaging, the number of preservatives used also decreases thus the profit margin has increased with this more and more manufacturers are inclined towards using airless packaging. This all leads to an escalation in the demand for the airless packaging for cosmetics market.
Continuous fluctuations in crude oil prices will lead to uncertainty over the availability of raw materials for production and lower profit margins would hinder the prospects of the airless packaging for cosmetics market. Jars, Pouches and bottles used in the airless packaging for cosmetics market are made from PET and acrylic which are derived from crude oil.
This volatility in the cost of raw materials leads to an increase in production rate as a result it widens the gap of demand and supply. This volatility is seen in the crude oil prices due to reasons such as the demand and supply gap of crude oil, actions of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and most importantly the fluctuations in the currency.
The decline in demand for premium cosmetic products is forecasted due to the current COVID-19 pandemic situation, which has caused a change in income pattern all across the globe. In addition to all these major cosmetic manufacturers are opting for low-cost packaging alternatives over airless packaging to cover up the decline in sales which has harmed the airless packaging for cosmetics market.
Airless Packaging for Cosmetics Market: Segmentation
The airless packaging for cosmetics market is segmented based on material, dispenser and packaging format.
By material type, the airless packaging for cosmetics market is segmented into;
By dispenser, the airless packaging for cosmetics market is segmented into;
- Twist and Click
By packaging format, the airless packaging for cosmetics market is segmented into;
- Bottles and Jars
- Bags and Pouches
Airless Packaging for Cosmetics Market: Regional Outlook
Europe leads the airless packaging for cosmetics market because of the high demand for premium cosmetic products and the strong presence of cosmetic manufacturing companies. Major brands have now focused their concern over sustainable airless packaging to protect the product from risks of oxidation and over rising concerns of sustainability due to strict regulations. Ren Clean Skincare, a cosmetic brand owned by Unilever has introduced its new skincare product in an airless bottle made out of recycled plastic in February 2020.
North America has seen steady growth in airless packaging for cosmetics due to rapid consumption of skincare products, especially in Mexico as it has seen a surge in numbers of working women in the country.
In the Asia Pacific where we can see a rise in per capita income of families, the cosmetic industry is on a boom to match the increasing standard of living of working women especially in countries like Malaysia, India and China due to which it has been anticipated that there would be a great increase in the airless packaging for cosmetics market.
Airless Packaging for Cosmetics Market: Key Players
Key players in the airless packaging for cosmetics market are;
- Aptar Group Inc.
- Albea Beauty Holdings S.A.
- Raepak Ltd.
- Quadpack Industries
- Fusion Packaging
- Silgan Holdings Inc.
- WestRock Company
- LUMSON SPA
- ABC Packaging Ltd.
- Libo Cosmetics Company
The report airless packaging for cosmetics market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on airless packaging for cosmetics market segments and geographies.
Regional Analysis Includes-
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Asia
- East Asia
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing airless packaging for cosmetics market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth airless packaging for cosmetics market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the airless packaging for cosmetics market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.