Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines: Introduction
- Aircraft micro turbine engines are considered single shaft rotary engines, which extract its energy from a flow of micro combustion gas. The engine of micro turbine somewhat looks akin to a miniature replica of a larger conventional gas turbine engine.
- Aircraft micro turbine engines can be regarded as prospective and compact competitors to other propulsion system power supplies such as battery cells. However, the overall engine performance depends on the individual engine element’s performance.
- The use of micro turbine engines is increasingly becoming popular in commercial and civil aviation. These turbines are also employed in unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) applications in missions such as national security, telecommunications, agriculture, disaster management, real-time reconnaissance, remote sensing, crime fighting, and election monitoring.
- Aircraft micro turbine engines are also considered easy to handle and relatively have low noise and vibration. Furthermore, they possess variety of features such as variable speed, compact size, simple operability, high speed operation, easy installation, low maintenance, and low NOX emissions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market
- Air quality regulation imposed by various governments across the globe has prompted most of the manufacturers to look for technological innovation in order to minimize the effect of pollutants in the surrounding environment. Some manufacturers of micro turbines have developed advanced combustion technologies to minimize the formation of these pollutants. They have assured low emissions levels from micro turbines fueled with gaseous and liquid fuels. This is expected to boost the aircraft micro turbine engine market in the near future.
- Increase in technological advancements in aircraft micro turbine engines is one of the important factors responsible for the market growth. Significant rise in number of strategic collaborations and contracts is also likely to augment the demand for aircraft micro turbine engines in the near future.
- Ambitious national targets, rapid technological advancements, and international agreements have prompted countries across the world to turn toward the renewable energy sector and upgrade their power generation technologies. This, in turn, is expected to augment the global aircraft micro turbine engines market between 2020 and 2030.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Restraints of Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market
- The cost associated with micro turbine engines is very high. This is a major restraining factor of the aircraft micro turbine engines market.
- The power generation capacity of micro turbine engines is limited compared to conventional aircraft engines. This poses a challenge to the global aircraft micro turbine engines market.
- In July 2020, the Russian state-backed Advanced Research Foundation (FPI) and Federal State Unitary Enterprise (VIAM) announced that they had flight tested their 3D printed MGTD-20 gas turbine engine for the first time. The motor was evaluated onboard a light Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), which was launched over the Kazanbash aviation center in Tatarstan, around 500 miles east of Moscow.
- Post-Brexit, India and the U.K. are set to explore several options for jointly collaborating in defense projects. The countries are expected to finalize a government-to-government format for future defense deals. The U.K. India Business Council (UKIBC) and the Society of Indian Defense Manufacturers (SIDM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU was signed in the presence of the U.K. minister for defense procurement and Director of the UK Department for International Trade’s Defense and Security Organization (DSO).
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market
- Based on region, the global aircraft micro turbine engines market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a key region of the global aircraft micro turbine engines from 2020 to 2030. Increase in carbon emissions due to rise in passenger traffic is a major factor for the increase in demand for hybrid electrification in major economies such as China, India, Japan, and Australia.
- Asia Pacific is expected to gain supremacy in the aircraft micro turbine engines market in the near future, as China is likely to attract significant foreign investments due to stable growth and robust developments in the economy in recent years
- On the other hand, the size of the U.S. aircraft micro turbine engines market is expected to increase substantially by the end of the forecast period. Aerospace & defense sector is likely to benefit from government incentives and subsidies. For Instance, in March 2020, the U.S. government announced it had signed the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act). This act will provide US$ 61 Bn in grants for loans and excise tax relief for the aviation industry.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The aviation industry is estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of demand & supply, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the aircraft micro turbine engine market, as aircraft makers are facing cash-flow shortages, production challenges, and also a significant negative impact on their supply chain
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global aircraft micro turbine engines market are:
- Rolls-Royce Plc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Turbotech Sas
- Micro Turbine Technology B.V.
- AeroDesignWorks GmbH?
- Lambert Microturbines
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Oceaneering International, Inc.
- Jetcat Americas
- Stuttgart Engineering Propulsion Technologies
- Elliott Group
Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market, by Fuel Type
- Jet A
Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market, by Horsepower
- 5-50 HP
- 50-100 HP
- 100-200 HP
Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market, by Platform
- Air Taxi
- Cargo Aerial Vehicle (CAV)
- Business Jet
- Ultra-light Aircraft
- Military Trainer Aircraft
- Military Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
Global Aircraft Micro Turbine Engines Market, by Engine Type
- Turbojet MTE
- Turboshaft MTE
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.