Aircraft Insulation Materials Market: Introduction
- Aircraft insulation materials are mainly used to provide thermal, acoustic, anti-vibration, fire-barrier and electrical insulation in order to maintain passengers’ comfort. In addition, these materials also function to optimize external temperature changes and excessive noise generated by the aircraft in the passenger cabin and on the flight deck.
- Aircraft engine and aerodynamics of flight generate noise, fluctuation in temperature, etc., thus causing discomfort to passengers and crew. For instance, at 35,000 feet above the ground, the outside temperature is about −60 Degrees Fahrenheit, which increases the pressure on the overall aircraft system. This increases the need for aircraft insulation materials, as these help in maintaining cabin temperature by filling the space between the interior wall and the aircraft’s fuselage. Thus, the demand for aircraft insulation materials is likely to grow to ensure temperature control and decrease noise inside an aircraft.
- In terms of type, the global aircraft insulation materials market can be segmented into thermal, acoustic & vibration, and fire barrier. The thermal segment is expected to hold a major share of the global aircraft insulation materials market, as it acts as a shield against excessive noise and temperature for maintaining a comfortable interior environment while the aircraft is in flight.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Aircraft Insulation Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
- Aircraft insulation materials offer properties, such as blocking, absorption, and dampening of sound in order to reduce the unwanted noise and improve transmission loss at various frequencies. Aircraft insulation materials also helps in enhancing thermal, acoustic, anti-vibration, fire-barrier, and electrical insulation properties.
- Growing demand for lightweight materials in aircraft mainly in cabins coupled with increasing need for fast mode of transportation and rapid globalization and urbanization have led to a surge in the number of business trips. In addition, rise of the middle class, mainly in developing countries such as India, China, etc., has led to an increase in air travel across the globe. For instance, according to Airbus S.A.S., the world’s passenger and freighter aircraft fleet is anticipated to grow from 23,000 in 2019 to approximately 48,000 by 2038, with traffic increasing at 4.3%, annually.
- All these factors are projected to increase the production of aircraft in the near future, which, in turn, will drive the demand for aircraft insulation materials
Foamed Plastics to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Foamed plastics are extensively used in aircraft for flight deck pads, cabin walls and ceilings, service-class dividers, overhead stow bins, composite cores, tooling board, aircraft prototypes, honeycomb edge closeout, vacuum-form dies/mold patterns, etc. These help to reducing noise, heat, and vibration in aircraft.
Low Shelf Life issues to Hamper Global Market
- The major challenge faced by the global aircraft insulation materials market is the composites or paints or chemicals manufactured by the aircraft insulation materials have low shelf life. In addition, these materials are also required to be replaced at regular intervals. This factor is expected to hinder market growth in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Aircraft Insulation Materials Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global aircraft insulation materials market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to be the leading region for aircraft insulation materials due to the presence of major aircraft manufacturers in the region. Thus, the region is estimated to witness high demand for aircraft insulation materials.
- Increase in disposable income, rapid urbanization, and surge in passenger traffic have led to the rise in demand for new aircraft across the Asia Pacific region. Thus, the aircraft insulation materials market in the region expected to grow, as these insulation materials are extensively used to provide protection from extreme temperature changes and noise during flights.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa has less number of players and these regions mainly depend on imports from other countries in order to cater to the demand for aircraft insulation materials
Key Players Operating in Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
The global aircraft insulation materials market is highly competitive in nature and is dominated by a large number of manufacturers that account for major share of the global market. Some of the key players operating in the global aircraft insulation materials market include:
- BASF SE
- Triumph Group Inc.
- Zodiac Aerospace
- Rogers Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- Polymer Technologies Inc.
- Zotefoams Plc
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Duracote Corporation
- Tex Tech Industries
- Morgan Advanced Materials plc
On September 19, 2018, BASF SE announced the launch of the world's first particle foam based on polyethersulfone for aircraft application
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Type
- Acoustic & Vibration
- Fire Barrier
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Material
- Foamed Plastics
- Mineral Wool
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.