Aircraft Insulation Materials Market: Introduction
- Aircraft insulation materials are mainly used to provide thermal, acoustic, anti-vibration, fire-barrier and electrical insulation in order to maintain passengers’ comfort. In addition, these materials also function to optimize external temperature changes and excessive noise generated by the aircraft in the passenger cabin and on the flight deck.
- Aircraft engine and aerodynamics of flight generate noise, fluctuation in temperature, etc., thus causing discomfort to passengers and crew. For instance, at 35,000 feet above the ground, the outside temperature is about −60 Degrees Fahrenheit, which increases the pressure on the overall aircraft system. This increases the need for aircraft insulation materials, as these help in maintaining cabin temperature by filling the space between the interior wall and the aircraft’s fuselage. Thus, the demand for aircraft insulation materials is likely to grow to ensure temperature control and decrease noise inside an aircraft.
- In terms of type, the global aircraft insulation materials market can be segmented into thermal, acoustic & vibration, and fire barrier. The thermal segment is expected to hold a major share of the global aircraft insulation materials market, as it acts as a shield against excessive noise and temperature for maintaining a comfortable interior environment while the aircraft is in flight.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Aircraft Insulation Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
- Aircraft insulation materials offer properties, such as blocking, absorption, and dampening of sound in order to reduce the unwanted noise and improve transmission loss at various frequencies. Aircraft insulation materials also helps in enhancing thermal, acoustic, anti-vibration, fire-barrier, and electrical insulation properties.
- Growing demand for lightweight materials in aircraft mainly in cabins coupled with increasing need for fast mode of transportation and rapid globalization and urbanization have led to a surge in the number of business trips. In addition, rise of the middle class, mainly in developing countries such as India, China, etc., has led to an increase in air travel across the globe. For instance, according to Airbus S.A.S., the world’s passenger and freighter aircraft fleet is anticipated to grow from 23,000 in 2019 to approximately 48,000 by 2038, with traffic increasing at 4.3%, annually.
- All these factors are projected to increase the production of aircraft in the near future, which, in turn, will drive the demand for aircraft insulation materials
Foamed Plastics to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Foamed plastics are extensively used in aircraft for flight deck pads, cabin walls and ceilings, service-class dividers, overhead stow bins, composite cores, tooling board, aircraft prototypes, honeycomb edge closeout, vacuum-form dies/mold patterns, etc. These help to reducing noise, heat, and vibration in aircraft.
Low Shelf Life issues to Hamper Global Market
- The major challenge faced by the global aircraft insulation materials market is the composites or paints or chemicals manufactured by the aircraft insulation materials have low shelf life. In addition, these materials are also required to be replaced at regular intervals. This factor is expected to hinder market growth in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Aircraft Insulation Materials Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global aircraft insulation materials market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to be the leading region for aircraft insulation materials due to the presence of major aircraft manufacturers in the region. Thus, the region is estimated to witness high demand for aircraft insulation materials.
- Increase in disposable income, rapid urbanization, and surge in passenger traffic have led to the rise in demand for new aircraft across the Asia Pacific region. Thus, the aircraft insulation materials market in the region expected to grow, as these insulation materials are extensively used to provide protection from extreme temperature changes and noise during flights.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa has less number of players and these regions mainly depend on imports from other countries in order to cater to the demand for aircraft insulation materials
Key Players Operating in Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market
The global aircraft insulation materials market is highly competitive in nature and is dominated by a large number of manufacturers that account for major share of the global market. Some of the key players operating in the global aircraft insulation materials market include:
- BASF SE
- Triumph Group Inc.
- Zodiac Aerospace
- Rogers Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- Polymer Technologies Inc.
- Zotefoams Plc
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Duracote Corporation
- Tex Tech Industries
- Morgan Advanced Materials plc
On September 19, 2018, BASF SE announced the launch of the world's first particle foam based on polyethersulfone for aircraft application
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Type
- Acoustic & Vibration
- Fire Barrier
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Material
- Foamed Plastics
- Mineral Wool
Global Aircraft Insulation Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.