Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR): Introduction
- The global airborne intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to increasing adoption of airborne ISR
- Additionally, growing focus by various countries on advanced border surveillance solutions led by unstable geopolitical conditions is expected to promote growth of the global airborne intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance market during the forecast period
- Airborne ISR is designed to provide data for defense missions and intelligence activities
Key Drivers of Global Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) Market
- Owing to needs of the modern technology, especially in high-tech regional wars as well as to handle challenges of complex counterinsurgency and counterterrorism operations, countries across the globe are spending more on their defense budgets for deployment of emerging technologies
- Furthermore, airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance are also useful for precision air strikes on evasive targets, monitoring of coastal waters for adversaries, reconnaissance, furnishing of emergency services, and execution of search and rescue operations
- Major players operating in the global airborne intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance across different regions.
- Due to several benefits offered by airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, these are expected to be increasingly used for various military and security applications in the next few years. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the global airborne intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Technological Advancements in Airborne ISR to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance is one of the important parts of a country’s border security
- Leading players are focusing on the integration of AI with airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- Moreover, advanced technologies are being integrated with airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for use in securing of borders. Besides, airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance have potential to deliver reliable data for use in challenging operations. These factors are expected to increase the adoption of airborne ISR during the forecast period.
High Costs of R&D Can Hinder Market
- High costs involved in research and development of airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance are expected to hinder the global market during the forecast period. However, usage of new and emerging technologies is expected to lessen this development cost in the next few years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Airborne ISR Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of airborne ISR, followed by North America and Europe. China, India, and Japan are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, these countries account for a major share of the market in the region. Increase in the demand for airborne ISR in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continuously increasing defense budgets of countries in the region.
- Thus, growing concerns about national security are projected to fuel the demand for airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance in military operations in the near future, thereby driving the global airborne ISR market
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global airborne ISR market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global airborne ISR market are:
- Raytheon UK
- Airborne Technologies
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Harris Corporation
- General Dynamics
- CACI International Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Collins Aerospace
- INTELSAT GENERAL
Global Airborne ISR Market: Research Scope
Global Airborne ISR Market, by Application
Global Airborne ISR Market, by End-use Industry
Global Airborne ISR Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.