Air Sports Equipment Market: Introduction
- Air sports equipment are used during paragliding, parachuting, zip lining, wingsuiting, and other sports activities.
- Paragliding is the most popular air sport. Different types of equipment such as flight gear, skywalk, variometer, harness, and flymaster are required for this activity.
Key Drivers of the Global Air Sports Equipment Market
Increasing number of participants for outdoor recreational activities is expected to drive the sales of air sports equipment. Increasing hectic lifestyle among millennial and generation X is driving them to opt for air sports.
- According to the ‘Outdoor Participation Report,’ around 48.8% of the U.S. population has participated in an outdoor activity in 2016. Millennial population are also adopting air sports activities to improve mental as well as physical health. Furthermore, parachuting is observed as a safer air sport which is boosting the demand for parachuting equipment. As per a report of “United States Parachute Association (USPA),” fatality rate was 0.0039 per 1,000 jumps in 2018. The low fatality ratio is popularizing this adventure sports activity which is expected to boost the market growth in the coming years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Consumer Participation in Air Sports Events to Create Attractive Opportunities
- Government organizations of different countries are boosting the spending on skydiving to cater to the growing demand for air sports. In May 2016, Skydive Qatar increased its operational time to six days a week which was previously four days a week. Growing consumer interest toward air sports is expected to create new avenues for the air sports equipment market
Unsuitable Weather Conditions to Hamper the Market
- Climatic conditions are the most important factor for any air sports. Air sports equipment are inclined to malfunction during poor weather conditions, which may result in fatalities as it is challenging to manage such equipment in stormy weather. This factor is likely to hamper the air sports equipment market during the forecast years.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of the Global Air Sports Equipment Market
- Europe holds majority share in the air sports equipment market due to presence of many mountains and hills across the region. The region has a strong penetration rate of air sports which is likely to drive the air sports equipment market in the coming years.
- Several air sports games and activities are organized by prominent European countries such as Ukraine, Switzerland, U.K., Spain, Italy, France, and Hungary. This is expected to drive the growth of the air sports equipment market in Europe during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market as a result of rising middle class population and increasing disposable income. Consumers are increasingly spending on adventure activities including air sports which is anticipated to boost demand in the near future.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Air Sports Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Globally, the market is moderately fragmented owing to the presence of few global and several domestic players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as partnerships and mergers to enhance their position in the market. A few of the key players operating in the global air sports equipment market are:
- Advanced Aerospace Designs
- Aerodyne Research, LLC
- Baskin Air Concept
- Bevs Suits
- BIRDMAN International Ltd
- Bonehead Composites
- Bungee Consultants International
- Skydive Safety
- Velocity Sports Equipment
Global Air Sports Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Air Sports Equipment Market, by Product Type
- Container and harness
- Protective gear
Global Air Sports Equipment Market, by Application
- BASE jumping
- Bungee jumping
Global Air Sports Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global air sports equipment market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.