Global Air Separation Plant Market: Snapshot
The global market for air separation plants is expanding at a promising pace, with a number of product quality and environment protection regulations fusing together to increase the scope of usage of pure air-based gases across a number of industries. A number of industries continue to consume vast volumes of pure oxygen and other air gases over ambient air as a way of minimizing pollution and adhering to clean initiatives.
The oil and gas industry remains one of the key consumers of pure air gases, contributing significantly to the overall development of the global air separation plants market. This end-use sector is expected to provide vast growth opportunities to the global market in the near future, especially in region such as North America with a flourishing shale gas industry. The thriving food industry across developed as well as developing countries across the globe is emerging as a key consumer of food-grade air gases such as nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and oxygen for use across a number of application areas.
Owing to the rapid rise in demand for pure air gases, the global air separation plants market is presented with massive growth opportunities and is observing the entry of a number of new players. To stay ahead of the intense competition, companies are focusing on re-engineering air separation techniques to be able to improve the level of operation efficiency, increase production capacity, and reduce costs and energy consumption associated with production processes.
Air separation plants are used for the separation of atmospheric air into its primary components including nitrogen and oxygen, apart from other rare inert gases such as xenon, neon, helium, and krypton. These plants are used to separate the required gases so that they can be employed for various purposes in industries such as iron- and steel-making, coal gasification, medical, and chemical. Air separation plants are commonly considered the only viable source to recover rare gases required in the industries mentioned above. Development in these industries is a major factor driving the air separation plant market. However, newer applications are constantly being discovered for these plants. For instance, of late, air separation plants are being used in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) plants in order to help lower carbon emissions. The green industry is also emerging a viable new market for air separation plants. However, oil & gas and steelmaking industries are the major revenue generators of the global air separation plant market. Air separation plants do not have viable alternatives; hence, the outlook for the air separation plant market appears promising.
Depending upon the requirement, air separation plants can be customized or be made available in the modular form. Different types of plants offer distinct advantages and can be selected accordingly. For instance, customized plants can be configured for high power efficiency and ease of maintenance through low operating expenses (OPEX). On the other hand, modular air separation plants minimize costs and technical risks, while maximizing operational flexibility. Different types of plants are employed to separate different gases from the air. The level of purity of these gases as well as their states (i.e. liquid, gaseous, or solid) can also be decided before the installation of the plants. Non-cryogenic process and plants yield nitrogen and oxygen of high purity levels.
In terms of extracting gases, two methods are most commonly used: cryogenic process and non-cryogenic process. Under the cryogenic process, low temperature rectification is applied using the boiling point of the various gases in air. Under the non-cryogenic process, differences in physical properties of the various gases are used. Types of non-cryogenic processes include pressure swing adsorption technique and vacuum pressure swing adsorption technique. Compressed air is processed for desired gases under the pressure swing adsorption technique. Under the vacuum pressure swing adsorption technique, vacuum pumps are used to decrease the desorption pressure.
In terms of region, Asia Pacific dominates the global air separation market. The industrial sector in the region, especially in China and India, offers lucrative opportunities for the air separation plant market. On the other hand, North America and Europe are mature markets. Middle East & Africa and Latin America are among the low revenue generators. Asia Pacific is expected to continue its dominant position in the air separation plant market during the forecast period. The performance of the air separation plant market in Europe and North America is likely to improve during the next few years.
Prominent companies operating in the air separation plant market include The Linde Group; Phoenix Equipment Corporation; Air Products and Chemicals Inc.; Hangzhou Hangyang Co. Ltd.; ING. L&A. Boschi; Kobelco Air Water Cryoplant, Ltd; Air Liquide; Matheson K-Air India Pvt. Ltd.; Siemens, Servomex Group Limited, and Universal Industrial Gases, Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.