AI in Medical Diagnostic: Introduction
- AI in medical diagnostics is the integration of deep learning, data insights, and algorithms for the early detection of life-threatening and critical diseases to ensure preventive treatment and quality analysis.
- AI in medical diagnostics enable healthcare facilities to automate the diagnosis process and reduce the workload by providing effective support while dealing with large data and imaging.
- AI in medical diagnostics is used in acute abnormalities, cancer, chronic diseases, and provides valuable insights to radiologists in identifying minor symptoms of cardiac arrhythmias and predict stroke outcomes, which further assists in managing the dosage parameters and reduce radiation risks.
- AI in medical diagnostics empowers healthcare facilities in disease classification, precise disease detection, and decision making through a holistic treatment approach.
- The AI in medical diagnostic market is anticipated to grow due to the rising demand for data-driven treatments that are more efficient and the growing scope of AI in medical applications.
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market: Dynamics
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing demand for time-saving diagnosis processes in developed economies is anticipated to fuel the growth of the AI in medical diagnostic market during the forecast period.
- Government investment in healthcare infrastructure to provide advance medical treatment, growing concerns about work pressure on medical staff, and integration of data-centric treatment due to easily accessible information is projected to boost the AI in medical diagnostic market over the forecast period.
- Growing awareness in the healthcare industry about the crucial benefits of deep learning and advanced analytics for drug prescription along with preventive health measures is further anticipated to boost the market across the globe.
- However, the rising potential of data breach and concerns regarding protection of critical information from cyber-attacks is a major challenge which is anticipated to hamper the growth of the AI in medical diagnostic market during the forecast period.
Impact of Covid-19 on the Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market
- Increasing cases of Covid across the globe have resulted in a significant burden on healthcare facilities. The Covid-19 pandemic fuels the market of AI-based medical diagnosis as AI algorithms can be integrated with laboratory tests and computed tomography (CT) findings for early detection of Covid-19 among patients. The AI in medical diagnostic market is projected to register significant growth amid the Covid-19 pandemic considering the demand for after Covid effect diagnosis using AI.
North America to dominate the Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market
- In terms of region, the global AI in medical diagnostic market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the AI in medical diagnostic market in the year 2020, attributed to rapid integration of AI due to R&D advancement by leading companies operating in the region along with the early introduction of AI-driven platforms in several end-user segments.
- Asia Pacific has promising development opportunities in AI in medical diagnostics due to a rising geriatric population in the region and government initiatives in countries such as China to integrate high-end solutions to overcome challenges associated with unequal medical resources distribution.
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market: Competition Landscape
The AI in medical diagnostic market is highly competitive with global organizations competing with each other. Startups are entering the market due to a growing demand for AI in healthcare. Major players are focusing on acquisitions, partnerships, mergers, and joint ventures as key strategies to gain a competitive edge. Government initiatives in developed economies to boost healthcare facilities with artificial intelligence technology is expected to fuel the market access rate of new entrants. However, higher initial investment associated with company operations in AI in medical diagnostics is the major challenge for small and medium-size industries to expand in the emerging market.
Key Players Operating in the Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market Include:
- Butterfly Network
- Day Zero Diagnostics
- Digital Diagnostics
- Enlitic, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Microsoft Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
- Zebra Medical Vision
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market: Research Scope
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market, by Component
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market, by Technology
- Machine Learning
- Context-aware Computing
- Computer Vision
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market, by Diagnosis Type
- Neurology & Cardiology
- Chest & Lungs
Global AI in Medical Diagnostic Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!