Agriculture Transplanter: Introduction
- A transplanter is an agricultural machine/ equipment that is used to transplant seedlings to the farm field. A transplanter reduces the time taken to transplant seedlings as compared to that taken by manual transplanting, thereby allowing more time for harvesting. Additionally, an agriculture transplanter reduces the need for manual labor. Increase in use of mechanical equipment for farming is expected to drive the global agriculture transplanter market.
Key drivers of Agriculture Transplanter market
- Rise in global population coupled with an increase in the demand for agriculture products is expected to shift the trend toward farm mechanization and sustainable agriculture during the forecast period. According to UN report, the world’s population is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030 and around 9.7 billion by 2050. Therefore, it is necessary to find solutions to increase crop yield in order to fulfil future food, feed, and biofuel requirements of the growing population. Most of the additional demand for food is expected to be from the regions experiencing high population growth, particularly India, the Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. For instance, the African Union is aggressively promoting the adoption of sustainable mechanization across the continent under its Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program.
- Developing countries depend heavily on agriculture, and their growing populations are fueling the demand for high farm yield. Consequently, governments and international organizations have been initiating various schemes to promote mechanization in the agriculture sector. Growing trends towards mechanization in agriculture in Middle East & Africa and Latin America in order to increase crop yield is projected to drive the adoption of tractor and tractor equipment in these regions. This, in turn, is expected boost the agriculture transplanter market in these regions. For instance, in August 2020, in India, under the Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization, the government released US$ 7.48 Bn to state governments across the country in order to boost inclusive growth and productivity in agriculture through mechanization.
- Technological advancements in agricultural equipment are expected to propel the global agricultural transplanter market. Automatic transplanter enables farmers to plant seedlings automatically across either single row or multiple rows. This, in turn, saves considerable time required for planting on large fields. Additionally, it also helps farmers save labor costs for planting. Agriculture transplanters that are smaller in size can be operated by a single operator, while larger transplanters require tractors in order to tow them.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the agriculture transplanter market, owing to the global pandemic of the corona virus leading to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities, has led to a shortage of raw material. This, in turn, is estimated to hamper the global market in 2020. The corona pandemic has negatively affected the agriculture transplanter market across the globe.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of agriculture transplanter market
- In terms of region, the global agriculture transplanter market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific has presence of robust expanding economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Asia Pacific has a significantly large population as compared to other regions. Therefore, agricultural activities across Asia Pacific are expected to increase during the forecast period in order to cater to the increasing demand for agricultural products across the region.
- Increasing awareness about several benefits offered by mechanical farming equipment such as saving time and labor costs coupled with government subsidies on farming equipment are expected to drive the agriculture transplanter market in Asia Pacific. All the factors mentioned above have led Asia Pacific to account for a prominent share of the global agriculture transplanter market.
Key Players Operating in Global Agriculture Transplanter Market
The global agriculture transplanter market is highly concentrated due to the owing of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the agriculture transplanter market are:
- FALC srl
- Greaves Cotton Limited
- Honda Power Equipment
- Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation Ltd. (KAMCO)
- Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited (KMW)
- Kranti Agro
- KUBOTA Corporation
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Minos Agricultural Machinery
- REKHA AGRIPLAS LIMITED
- Shrachi Agro
- V.S.T Weeders Tractors Ltd.
- Vijayalaxmi Agro Tools
- YANMAR CO., LTD.
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market: Research Scope
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market, by Fuel Type
- Gasoline Agriculture Transplanter
- Diesel Agriculture Transplanter
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market, by Mechanization
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market, by Transplanting Range
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market, by Technology
- Self-propelled Transplanter
- Towed Transplanter
- Walk-behind Transplanter
Global Agriculture Transplanter Market, by Product Type
- Garlic Transplanter
- Potato Transplanter
- Rice Transplanter
- Sugarcane Transplanter
- Vegetable Transplanter
- Vine Stock Transplanter
- Tree Transplanter