Agricultural Surfactants: Introduction
- Surfactants are also known as surface-acting agents. These reduce surface tension of water. Surfactants help famers use pesticides more efficiently. Agricultural surfactants are blended with agrochemicals to improve the spread of spray droplets on the surface of leaves and maximize the duration of spray droplets. They enrich the proficiency of pesticides.
- Surfactants are also used in herbicides. These are similar to household cleaning and personal care products (including hand wash).
Key Drivers and Restraints of Agricultural Surfactants Market
- Increase in adoption of precision farming and rise in need to protect crops from pests are anticipated to fuel the demand for agricultural surfactants
- Increase in demand for green solutions is anticipated to propel the global agricultural surfactants market. However, strict regulations levied by various countries on the use of synthetic surfactants inhibit the market.
- Rise in usage of bio-based surfactants and increase in development of cost-effective pesticides are expected to create opportunities for the global agricultural surfactants market
Agricultural Surfactants Market: Segments
- The global agricultural surfactants market can be segmented based on type, application, substrate type, crop type, and region
- In terms of type, the global agricultural surfactants market can be divided into non-ionic, anionic, amphoteric, and cationic. The non-ionic segment is projected to hold large share of the market during the forecast period. Non-ionic surfactants are widely used in agriculture surfactants as these are good dispersing agents and have low toxicity to animals and plants. Non-ionic agriculture surfactants are primarily used in herbicide spray solutions.
- Based on application, the agricultural surfactants market can be classified into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and others. The herbicides segment accounted for major share of the agricultural surfactants market in 2020.
- Based on substrate type, the global agricultural surfactants market can be bifurcated into synthetic-based and bio-based. Synthetic-based agricultural surfactants are derived from petroleum-based products. Most agricultural surfactants available in the market are synthetic-based. Hence, the synthetic-based segment accounted for major share of the market in 2020. The segment is anticipated to continue to dominate the global agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period.
- Based on crop type, the global agricultural surfactants market can be classified into cereals & grains, fruits & vegetables, and others. The cereals & grains segment can be sub-segmented into corn, wheat, and others. Herbicides are majorly used to protect cereals & grains. Wide application of agricultural surfactants in cereals and grains is the key factor driving the global agricultural surfactants market.
COVID-19 Impact on Agricultural Surfactants Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This is adversely affecting the global agricultural surfactants market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
North America to Dominate Agricultural Surfactants Market
- In terms of geography, the global agricultural surfactants market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to constitute major share of the global agricultural surfactants market due to the presence of key manufacturers such as BASF and Huntsman Corporation in the region. The agricultural surfactants market in Latin America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the increase in production of surfactants in Brazil and Argentina.
- The agricultural surfactants market in Europe and Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period
- The agricultural surfactants market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Agricultural Surfactants
- The global agricultural surfactants market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global agricultural surfactants market include:
- Evonik Industries
- Huntsman Corporation
- Helena Chemical Company
- Croda International
- Stepan Company
- Wilbur-Ellis Company
Global Agricultural Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Type
Global Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Application
Global Agricultural Surfactants Markets, by Substrate Type
Global Agricultural Surfactants Markets, by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
Global Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.