Agricultural Pheromones Market: Chemical Signal used to Trap Insects
- Agricultural pheromones are the types of chemical signals that are used to monitor, trap, or disrupt insects that are harmful for agricultural fields. Technological advancement and innovation in agricultural techniques have allowed market players and farmers to use pheromones as an integrated pest management method.
- Implementation of integrated pest management practices, growth in research on agricultural practices, cost-effective production processes for sustainable farming, and impact of pheromones on the reduction of insecticides are expected to be major factors driving the agricultural pheromones market. Furthermore, increase in demand for agricultural pheromones in emerging economies such as India and China owing to the implementation of various schemes to incorporate sustainable agricultural practices acts as a key trend for market growth.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Agricultural Pheromones Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Agricultural Pheromones Market
- The global agricultural pheromones market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rise in acceptance of sustainable agricultural practices. Farmers and market players are opting for integrated pest management techniques such as pheromone traps to reduce the level and impact of insects in the field. Increase in government initiatives to promote the use of semiochemicals for pest control is also driving the market.
- Technical innovation in pheromone compounds, especially aggregation pheromones to capture insects, and availability of effective trap designs are estimated to fuel the demand for mass trapping owing to its properties to control the insect population and limit insecticide application among crop growers
- Increase in resistance of few pests to conventional pesticides has boosted the use of active ingredient dosage and enhanced frequency of application of crop protection chemicals. Thus, repeated use and application of pesticides increases the cost for crop protection. This has compelled farmers and other crop producers to search for alternatives, such as agricultural pheromones, for pest control.
- Increase in awareness about toxicity of pesticides and hazards of synthetic chemical pesticides to the beneficial natural predators and parasites have stimulated for the acceptance of alternate safe products for crop protection, which has enhanced the demand agricultural pheromones in last few years.
Field Crops Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Large cultivated area under field crops such as corn, cotton, rice, and sugarcane in developing regions of Asia Pacific is projected to create opportunities for the application of pheromones in this segment for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices
- Rise in export-quality requirements of agricultural products and increase in adoption of IPM practices in fruit-growing areas such as Chile and Brazil are expected to boost the demand for pheromones among crop growers in South America during the forecast period. This may encourage international manufacturers to set up their business units and distribution networks in South America, leading to strong market competition.
- Rise in trend of adoption of precision agriculture systems, use of automated monitoring systems, and decrease in manufacturing cost of pheromones are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to companies to invest in the agricultural pheromones market. Multinational companies are making significant investments in start-up companies to avail various opportunities in the agricultural pheromones market.
Higher Production Cost and Continuous R&D Requirement to Hamper Market
- High cost of active chemicals used in the production of pheromones, prolonged R&D process, and need for high investments by farmers to set up and maintain insect pheromone traps are major factors hampering the global agricultural pheromones market. Uncertain climatic conditions are also expected to adversely affect the global agricultural pheromones market.
- Crop specific pheromone products and lesser requirement of active ingredients make it less attractive for agrochemicals manufacturers, hence the focus is shifting from pheromone products to other lucrative agrochemicals
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Agricultural Pheromones Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Global Agricultural Pheromones Market
- In terms of region, the global agricultural pheromones market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global agricultural pheromones market during the forecast period owing to the high adoption of pheromone traps over conventional insecticides. However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the increase in presence of international and domestic players in the region and rise in adoption of pheromone traps by several fruit and field crop growers.
- Increase in export demand for agricultural products from Chile and Brazil is projected to drive the usage of agricultural pheromones in orchard crops in these countries
Key Players in Market
New product launches and acquisitions were the preferred strategies by market players in last few years to gain access to the agricultural pheromones market. In November 2018, Syngenta launched Cidetrak EGVM Meso pheromone product in Chile. The product helps in controlling European grapevine moth.
High costs of active ingredients coupled with requirement of advanced technology the heavy monitoring of the production process are the major factors restraining the new players to enter into the market and so that restricting the growth of agricultural pheromones market. Key players operating in the agricultural pheromones market include:
- BIOCONT LABORATORY
- Suterra (US)
- Russell IPM
- ISCA Technologies
- Bedoukian Research
- Troy Biosciences
- Pacific Biocontrol Corporation
- Laboratorio Agrochem, SL
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market: Research Scope
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Type
- Sex Pheromones
- Aggregation Pheromones
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Crop Type
- Fruits and Nuts
- Field Crops
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Application
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Mode of Application
- Mass Trapping
- Detection & Monitoring
- Mating Disruption
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.