Agricultural Pheromones Market: Chemical Signal used to Trap Insects
- Agricultural pheromones are the types of chemical signals that are used to monitor, trap, or disrupt insects that are harmful for agricultural fields. Technological advancement and innovation in agricultural techniques have allowed market players and farmers to use pheromones as an integrated pest management method.
- Implementation of integrated pest management practices, growth in research on agricultural practices, cost-effective production processes for sustainable farming, and impact of pheromones on the reduction of insecticides are expected to be major factors driving the agricultural pheromones market. Furthermore, increase in demand for agricultural pheromones in emerging economies such as India and China owing to the implementation of various schemes to incorporate sustainable agricultural practices acts as a key trend for market growth.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Agricultural Pheromones Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Agricultural Pheromones Market
- The global agricultural pheromones market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rise in acceptance of sustainable agricultural practices. Farmers and market players are opting for integrated pest management techniques such as pheromone traps to reduce the level and impact of insects in the field. Increase in government initiatives to promote the use of semiochemicals for pest control is also driving the market.
- Technical innovation in pheromone compounds, especially aggregation pheromones to capture insects, and availability of effective trap designs are estimated to fuel the demand for mass trapping owing to its properties to control the insect population and limit insecticide application among crop growers
- Increase in resistance of few pests to conventional pesticides has boosted the use of active ingredient dosage and enhanced frequency of application of crop protection chemicals. Thus, repeated use and application of pesticides increases the cost for crop protection. This has compelled farmers and other crop producers to search for alternatives, such as agricultural pheromones, for pest control.
- Increase in awareness about toxicity of pesticides and hazards of synthetic chemical pesticides to the beneficial natural predators and parasites have stimulated for the acceptance of alternate safe products for crop protection, which has enhanced the demand agricultural pheromones in last few years.
Field Crops Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Large cultivated area under field crops such as corn, cotton, rice, and sugarcane in developing regions of Asia Pacific is projected to create opportunities for the application of pheromones in this segment for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices
- Rise in export-quality requirements of agricultural products and increase in adoption of IPM practices in fruit-growing areas such as Chile and Brazil are expected to boost the demand for pheromones among crop growers in South America during the forecast period. This may encourage international manufacturers to set up their business units and distribution networks in South America, leading to strong market competition.
- Rise in trend of adoption of precision agriculture systems, use of automated monitoring systems, and decrease in manufacturing cost of pheromones are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to companies to invest in the agricultural pheromones market. Multinational companies are making significant investments in start-up companies to avail various opportunities in the agricultural pheromones market.
Higher Production Cost and Continuous R&D Requirement to Hamper Market
- High cost of active chemicals used in the production of pheromones, prolonged R&D process, and need for high investments by farmers to set up and maintain insect pheromone traps are major factors hampering the global agricultural pheromones market. Uncertain climatic conditions are also expected to adversely affect the global agricultural pheromones market.
- Crop specific pheromone products and lesser requirement of active ingredients make it less attractive for agrochemicals manufacturers, hence the focus is shifting from pheromone products to other lucrative agrochemicals
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Agricultural Pheromones Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Global Agricultural Pheromones Market
- In terms of region, the global agricultural pheromones market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the global agricultural pheromones market during the forecast period owing to the high adoption of pheromone traps over conventional insecticides. However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the increase in presence of international and domestic players in the region and rise in adoption of pheromone traps by several fruit and field crop growers.
- Increase in export demand for agricultural products from Chile and Brazil is projected to drive the usage of agricultural pheromones in orchard crops in these countries
Key Players in Market
New product launches and acquisitions were the preferred strategies by market players in last few years to gain access to the agricultural pheromones market. In November 2018, Syngenta launched Cidetrak EGVM Meso pheromone product in Chile. The product helps in controlling European grapevine moth.
High costs of active ingredients coupled with requirement of advanced technology the heavy monitoring of the production process are the major factors restraining the new players to enter into the market and so that restricting the growth of agricultural pheromones market. Key players operating in the agricultural pheromones market include:
- BIOCONT LABORATORY
- Suterra (US)
- Russell IPM
- ISCA Technologies
- Bedoukian Research
- Troy Biosciences
- Pacific Biocontrol Corporation
- Laboratorio Agrochem, SL
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market: Research Scope
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Type
- Sex Pheromones
- Aggregation Pheromones
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Crop Type
- Fruits and Nuts
- Field Crops
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Application
Global Agricultural Pheromones Market, by Mode of Application
- Mass Trapping
- Detection & Monitoring
- Mating Disruption
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.