Agricultural Miticides Market: Chemical Substances used to Protect Crops from Mites
- Mites are very small arthropods that attack crops. Most of the mites present in the surroundings are beneficial to the environment. These include predatory mites, which include Agistemus, Amplyeius, and Phystoseiulus. However, other mites such as two-spotted spider mite, red mites, and Banks grass mites pose a major threat to crops.
- Miticide, also called Acaricide, is used to control mites or ticks, which are not susceptible to commonly used insecticides. Dicofol, Azobenzene, ovex, and tetradifon are the commonly used miticides. Many miticides kill eggs and larval stages as well as adult mites. However, few miticides may harm beneficial insects and honeybees.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Agricultural Miticides Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Key Drivers of Agricultural Miticides Market
- Increase in practice of gardening and farming is expected to act as a major driving factor of the agricultural miticides market. Furthermore, rise in awareness about pest control, growth in innovative products for better yield, changing weather conditions, government reimbursement policies for agriculture, and technology advancement are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about the advantages of miticides in maximizing overall yield by decreasing losses is also a key factor boosting the global agricultural miticides market. Furthermore, research and development on miticides and their usage in a broad range of crops to control mites spread and kill all life stages of mites with less toxicity to beneficial insects are expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Quick action and easy handling are also boosting the market.
- Acceptance and usage of chemical miticides for crop and plant protection is rising considerably. Companies are striving to introduce specific miticides, which are less toxic to beneficial insects and help in controlling the population of harmful mites.
Liquid Miticides Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The liquid segment accounted for larger share of the global miticides market in 2018. Liquid miticide is the majorly used form in the agricultural industry. Increase in requirement of liquid forms of miticides, primarily in foliar spray and soil treatment modes of applications, is driving the liquid segment of the market.
- Miticides are progressively gaining importance in the fruits & vegetables industry. Increasing production of various types of fruits & vegetables, driven by favorable climatic conditions, technology advancements, and proper storage methods, is expected to boost the demand for miticides. Crops can be protected from major pests and diseases with the use of miticides. Their quality and yield can also be improved.
- Compatibility of miticides with integrated pest management (IPM) programs, nature-based miticides, long residual control, and cost-effectiveness are estimated to create immense opportunities for the acceptance of agricultural miticides in the near future.
Stringent Regulations to Hamper the Market
- The U.S. Food Quality and Protection Act restricts the use of chemical miticides above the recommended amount due to their harmful effects on pollinators, birds, and beneficial mites
- Excessive use can lead to high levels of residue. This is expected to hamper the agricultural miticides market to some extent during the forecast period. However, the correct dosage of chemical miticides and development of eco-friendly agricultural miticides can provide opportunities to players operating in the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Agricultural Miticides Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Global Agricultural Miticides Market
- In terms of region, the global agricultural miticides market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global agricultural miticides market in 2018. Growth in the agricultural sector in countries of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines is a major factor driving the agricultural miticides market in the region. Miticides have several benefits such as decrease of losses, reduction of labor costs, enhancement of yield, and ease of application. As a result, many multinational players have entered into production and development of innovative agricultural miticides products.
- Increase in agricultural practices and requirement of high-quality fruit & vegetable produce are expected to drive the agricultural miticides market in Asia Pacific
- Europe and North America are also key regions of the agricultural miticides market due to the presence of an established agricultural industry, high agricultural expenditure, and emphasis on technologically advanced farming techniques and products in these regions
- Demand for agricultural miticides is projected to rise in Latin America due to the growth in the agriculture industry, particularly in countries such as Brazil and Argentina, during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
Companies are investing in product expansion and addition of new products into their portfolios to meet the rise in demand for miticides. For instance, in February 2017, OHP Inc. introduced a miticide under the brand name Notavo Ovicide for ornamental crops to provide long-term control of eggs and immature stages of two-spotted spider mites. In February 2017, Gowan USA introduced a miticide under the brand Nexter. The miticide helps control and kill broad mites, pear psylla, rust mites, aphids, spider mites, whiteflies, and leafhopper nymphs.
Key players operating in the agricultural miticides market include:
- BASF SE
- FMC Corporation
- Gowan Company
- Valent BioSciences
- OHP, Inc.
- Rotam North America
- Certis USA
- Meerut Agro Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Osho Chemical Industries Limited
- Crop Care Pesticides (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Well-done Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Wynca Group
- Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Huifeng Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Sino-Agri United Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Global Agricultural Miticides Market: Research Scope
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Crop Type
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Others (Turf & Ornamentals and Cash Crops)
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Formulation
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Mode of Application
- Foliar spray
- Soil treatment
- Others (Seed Treatment and Post-harvest Treatment)
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Source
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.