Agricultural Miticides Market: Chemical Substances used to Protect Crops from Mites
- Mites are very small arthropods that attack crops. Most of the mites present in the surroundings are beneficial to the environment. These include predatory mites, which include Agistemus, Amplyeius, and Phystoseiulus. However, other mites such as two-spotted spider mite, red mites, and Banks grass mites pose a major threat to crops.
- Miticide, also called Acaricide, is used to control mites or ticks, which are not susceptible to commonly used insecticides. Dicofol, Azobenzene, ovex, and tetradifon are the commonly used miticides. Many miticides kill eggs and larval stages as well as adult mites. However, few miticides may harm beneficial insects and honeybees.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Agricultural Miticides Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Key Drivers of Agricultural Miticides Market
- Increase in practice of gardening and farming is expected to act as a major driving factor of the agricultural miticides market. Furthermore, rise in awareness about pest control, growth in innovative products for better yield, changing weather conditions, government reimbursement policies for agriculture, and technology advancement are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about the advantages of miticides in maximizing overall yield by decreasing losses is also a key factor boosting the global agricultural miticides market. Furthermore, research and development on miticides and their usage in a broad range of crops to control mites spread and kill all life stages of mites with less toxicity to beneficial insects are expected to propel the market during the forecast period. Quick action and easy handling are also boosting the market.
- Acceptance and usage of chemical miticides for crop and plant protection is rising considerably. Companies are striving to introduce specific miticides, which are less toxic to beneficial insects and help in controlling the population of harmful mites.
Liquid Miticides Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The liquid segment accounted for larger share of the global miticides market in 2018. Liquid miticide is the majorly used form in the agricultural industry. Increase in requirement of liquid forms of miticides, primarily in foliar spray and soil treatment modes of applications, is driving the liquid segment of the market.
- Miticides are progressively gaining importance in the fruits & vegetables industry. Increasing production of various types of fruits & vegetables, driven by favorable climatic conditions, technology advancements, and proper storage methods, is expected to boost the demand for miticides. Crops can be protected from major pests and diseases with the use of miticides. Their quality and yield can also be improved.
- Compatibility of miticides with integrated pest management (IPM) programs, nature-based miticides, long residual control, and cost-effectiveness are estimated to create immense opportunities for the acceptance of agricultural miticides in the near future.
Stringent Regulations to Hamper the Market
- The U.S. Food Quality and Protection Act restricts the use of chemical miticides above the recommended amount due to their harmful effects on pollinators, birds, and beneficial mites
- Excessive use can lead to high levels of residue. This is expected to hamper the agricultural miticides market to some extent during the forecast period. However, the correct dosage of chemical miticides and development of eco-friendly agricultural miticides can provide opportunities to players operating in the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Agricultural Miticides Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Significant Share of Global Agricultural Miticides Market
- In terms of region, the global agricultural miticides market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global agricultural miticides market in 2018. Growth in the agricultural sector in countries of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines is a major factor driving the agricultural miticides market in the region. Miticides have several benefits such as decrease of losses, reduction of labor costs, enhancement of yield, and ease of application. As a result, many multinational players have entered into production and development of innovative agricultural miticides products.
- Increase in agricultural practices and requirement of high-quality fruit & vegetable produce are expected to drive the agricultural miticides market in Asia Pacific
- Europe and North America are also key regions of the agricultural miticides market due to the presence of an established agricultural industry, high agricultural expenditure, and emphasis on technologically advanced farming techniques and products in these regions
- Demand for agricultural miticides is projected to rise in Latin America due to the growth in the agriculture industry, particularly in countries such as Brazil and Argentina, during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
Companies are investing in product expansion and addition of new products into their portfolios to meet the rise in demand for miticides. For instance, in February 2017, OHP Inc. introduced a miticide under the brand name Notavo Ovicide for ornamental crops to provide long-term control of eggs and immature stages of two-spotted spider mites. In February 2017, Gowan USA introduced a miticide under the brand Nexter. The miticide helps control and kill broad mites, pear psylla, rust mites, aphids, spider mites, whiteflies, and leafhopper nymphs.
Key players operating in the agricultural miticides market include:
- BASF SE
- FMC Corporation
- Gowan Company
- Valent BioSciences
- OHP, Inc.
- Rotam North America
- Certis USA
- Meerut Agro Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Osho Chemical Industries Limited
- Crop Care Pesticides (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Well-done Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Wynca Group
- Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Huifeng Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Sino-Agri United Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Global Agricultural Miticides Market: Research Scope
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Crop Type
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Others (Turf & Ornamentals and Cash Crops)
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Formulation
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Mode of Application
- Foliar spray
- Soil treatment
- Others (Seed Treatment and Post-harvest Treatment)
Global Agricultural Miticides Market, by Source
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.