Speed of a reaction and its accuracy often depends on enzymes which serve as catalysts. In biotechnological processes, biological catalysts are used and this is what one calls agricultural enzymes. It is pertinent to note here that these are vital for crop processing, manufacturing supplements of animals, fibers bio-processing and so on.
Thus, it is also quite clear why the market that is set to chart a steady CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) between 2018 and 2026 is highly dependent on technological advancement for growth. It can not only lead to increase in capacity of production but also enhances nutritional composites.
Some of the most significant developments that the global agricultural enzymes market is set to witness are given below:
- The rise in organic across industry verticals is swiftly catching on with people. And, agricultural stakeholders are not far behind. As the millennial consumer asks for the most healthful options to be provided, that also has a minimum impact on the environment; demand for organic catalysts is high. This in turn is adding to the growth of global agricultural enzymes market in a massive way. Besides, as need to improve yield in a given area which is limited due to lack of available land as a resource is also contributing to this growth.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) will lead to significant growth in the market owing to support extended by government in this direction and improvement in levels of awareness regarding organic food in the market. Additionally, as people see rising incomes accruing, credit the steady economic performance in their regions, their spending capacity improves, allowing them to pay the extra required for organic options. Besides, people in this region are also getting increasingly conscious about their health and are not hesitant to pay extra to stay a good shape.
Agricultural Enzymes Market: Overview
Enzymes termed as the catalyst which can enhance the reaction speed, and accuracy. Agricultural enzymes can be defined as biological catalysts which are widely used in agricultural based biotechnological process. Agricultural enzymes are applicable in the processing of crop, bioprocessing of fibers, and production of animal feed supplements. The rising R&D activities enhance the technological advancement which subsequently boost the production capacity, application of agricultural enzymes such as enhance the nutritional composites of the food grains.
Agricultural Enzymes Market: Key Segments
The global agricultural enzymes market can be segmented based on type, crop type, product and region. Further, based on types phosphatases, dehydrogenases, proteases, sulfatases, and others. The others include beta-glucosidases, cellulases, and ureases. Among these, phosphatases enzyme is accounted for the leading type segment in 2017 due to their ability to blend with soil minerals. The phosphatases enzyme is remain their dominance due to their major role in soil system. In terms of crop type, the global agricultural enzymes market can be classified into cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetables, turf & ornamentals, and other. While the others include plantation, herbs, and spices crops. Agricultural enzymes are widely used in cereal & grain to enhance the crop productivity by fertilize the soil and boost the plant growth. Oilseeds & pulses are the second largest crop type segment due to the huge consumption of oilseed & pulses, and known as cash crop. Based on product, the global agricultural enzymes market can be segmented into soil fertility products, and growth enhancing products. Nowadays, soil fertility has become an important issue for R&D organizations across the globe. The decay in soil fertility due to several environment reason cause to boost the fertility products type demand in the global agricultural enzymes market. There are several organic fertilizers include biofertilizers, biostimulates, and biopesticides are available in the market to enhance the soil fertility, and plant growth.
Agricultural Enzymes Market: Trends & Developments
The growing trend of organic farming, and rise in demand for organic food plays a vital role to boost the demand for agricultural enzymes market. Moreover, the rise in trend of production yields in the limited urban area is another factor anticipated to propel the global agricultural enzymes market growth. However, the rigidity of farmers to adopt the microbe derived products, and stringent regulation of international regulatory bodies towards the use of biological products inhibits the global agricultural enzymes market growth. Along with that, the high cost associated with patent approvals also restraint the global agricultural enzymes market growth. Nevertheless, the growing adoption of modern farming techniques, rise in demand for soil enzymes due to the soil pollution create new opportunities for global agricultural enzymes market growth.
Agricultural Enzymes Market: Regional Outlook
Based on region, the global agricultural enzymes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East & Africa, and Latin America. North America is estimated to be largest agricultural enzymes market due to the several factors such as soil type, established economy, and technological advancement in the agriculture industry. Asia Pacific market is anticipated to be major agricultural enzymes market due the more than half of the population is this region are engaged with agriculture industry. Hence the demand for soil fertility products, and growth enhancing products increase in Asia Pacific region. Europe is the prominent region of agricultural enzymes due to the presence of key manufacturers in this region. While Lain America, and Middle East & Africa is estimated to grow at sluggish pace over the forecast period.
Agricultural Enzymes Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global agricultural enzymes market include Novozymes A/S, Syngenta AG, BASF SE, Agrinos as, Stoller USA Inc., Bioworks, Inc., Agri Life, Bayer Cropscience AG, Monsanto Company, Koninklijke DSM N.V., E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, AB Enzymes, Deepak Fertilisers and Petrochemicals Corporation Limited, Aries Agro Limited, and Camson Bio Technologies Limited.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.