Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market: Overview
- Elastomers are materials that have low elastic module, which exhibits superior extensibility and flexibility when stressed, but returns to its original dimension, when deforming stress is removed
- Elastomers have exceptionally high elasticity with elongation values between hundred to several thousand percent. This makes elastomers suitable when low stiffness and high elasticity are required. Thus, they are used in aircraft tires, gaskets, and seals.
- Elastomers are employed in various aerospace components where tight seals such as window and door seals are required.
Key Drivers of Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- Increase in demand for new aircraft in emerging economies such as China and India is expected to drive the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period. Elastomers are highly employed in aircraft tires, gaskets, and seals due to its characteristics such as high elasticity with elongation values.
- Rise in rate of replacement of existing aircraft with new ones across the globe is another major driving factor driving the aerospace & defense elastomers market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Silicon Elastomers Segment to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of value, the silicone elastomers segment is expected to dominate the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period
- Silicone elastomer are used in sealing applications in various industries, as it can withstand difficult operating conditions. Dominance of silicone elastomers segment can be ascribed to the industry-wide acceptance of silicon elastomers, as these deliver excellent performance and general characteristics
- Fluoroelastomers is also anticipated to be a key segment of the global aerospace & defense elastomers market. Fluoroelastomers are widely employed in fuel handling systems and aircraft engines. Growth of the fluoroelastomers segment can be ascribed to its excellent sealing & mechanical properties and excellent resistance to heat.
O-rings & Gaskets Application Segment to Account for Major Share of Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- The O-rings & gaskets application segment accounted for major share of the global aerospace & defense elastomers market in 2018. The segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomers (EPDM) and fluoroelastomers are commonly used elastomers in the manufacture of O-rings and gaskets
- Gaskets are mechanical seals that completely fill the empty space between two surfaces. The type of elastomers used for manufacturing of gaskets depends on a wide range of variables such as requirement of mechanical properties and requirement of working temperature for gaskets.
- Demand for O-rings and gaskets is expected to increase during the forecast period as, O-rings and gaskets provide leak-proof performance in static sealing applications. This is expected to propel the demand of aerospace and defense elastomers during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- Geographically, the global aerospace & defense elastomers market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The aerospace & defense elastomers market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- The U.S. is a key consumer of aerospace and defense elastomers in North America. Major aerospace companies have manufacturing units in North America.
- Increase in usage of aerospace and defense elastomers in the aviation industry in North America; and upgrade & expansion of existing aviation infrastructure in countries such as the U.S. are expected to be major factors driving the aerospace & defense elastomers market in North America
- Rise in demand for new aircraft in emerging economies of Asia Pacific such as India and China; increase in rate of replacement of existing aircraft with new ones; and growth in demand for lightweight aircraft are estimated to propel the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market here
Key Players in Market
Major players operating in the global aerospace & defense elastomers market include:
- Trelleborg AB
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Greene, Tweed
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Dow Corning
- The Chemours Company
- Solvay S.A.
- Fralock Innovative Materials Manufacturing & Automation
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Holland Shielding Systems B.V.
- Rogers Corporation
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market: Research Scope
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market, by Type
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- Silicon Elastomers
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market, by Application
- O-rings & Gaskets
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.