Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market: Overview
- Elastomers are materials that have low elastic module, which exhibits superior extensibility and flexibility when stressed, but returns to its original dimension, when deforming stress is removed
- Elastomers have exceptionally high elasticity with elongation values between hundred to several thousand percent. This makes elastomers suitable when low stiffness and high elasticity are required. Thus, they are used in aircraft tires, gaskets, and seals.
- Elastomers are employed in various aerospace components where tight seals such as window and door seals are required.
Key Drivers of Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- Increase in demand for new aircraft in emerging economies such as China and India is expected to drive the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period. Elastomers are highly employed in aircraft tires, gaskets, and seals due to its characteristics such as high elasticity with elongation values.
- Rise in rate of replacement of existing aircraft with new ones across the globe is another major driving factor driving the aerospace & defense elastomers market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Silicon Elastomers Segment to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of value, the silicone elastomers segment is expected to dominate the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period
- Silicone elastomer are used in sealing applications in various industries, as it can withstand difficult operating conditions. Dominance of silicone elastomers segment can be ascribed to the industry-wide acceptance of silicon elastomers, as these deliver excellent performance and general characteristics
- Fluoroelastomers is also anticipated to be a key segment of the global aerospace & defense elastomers market. Fluoroelastomers are widely employed in fuel handling systems and aircraft engines. Growth of the fluoroelastomers segment can be ascribed to its excellent sealing & mechanical properties and excellent resistance to heat.
O-rings & Gaskets Application Segment to Account for Major Share of Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- The O-rings & gaskets application segment accounted for major share of the global aerospace & defense elastomers market in 2018. The segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomers (EPDM) and fluoroelastomers are commonly used elastomers in the manufacture of O-rings and gaskets
- Gaskets are mechanical seals that completely fill the empty space between two surfaces. The type of elastomers used for manufacturing of gaskets depends on a wide range of variables such as requirement of mechanical properties and requirement of working temperature for gaskets.
- Demand for O-rings and gaskets is expected to increase during the forecast period as, O-rings and gaskets provide leak-proof performance in static sealing applications. This is expected to propel the demand of aerospace and defense elastomers during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market
- Geographically, the global aerospace & defense elastomers market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The aerospace & defense elastomers market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- The U.S. is a key consumer of aerospace and defense elastomers in North America. Major aerospace companies have manufacturing units in North America.
- Increase in usage of aerospace and defense elastomers in the aviation industry in North America; and upgrade & expansion of existing aviation infrastructure in countries such as the U.S. are expected to be major factors driving the aerospace & defense elastomers market in North America
- Rise in demand for new aircraft in emerging economies of Asia Pacific such as India and China; increase in rate of replacement of existing aircraft with new ones; and growth in demand for lightweight aircraft are estimated to propel the global aerospace & defense elastomers market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market here
Key Players in Market
Major players operating in the global aerospace & defense elastomers market include:
- Trelleborg AB
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Greene, Tweed
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Dow Corning
- The Chemours Company
- Solvay S.A.
- Fralock Innovative Materials Manufacturing & Automation
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Holland Shielding Systems B.V.
- Rogers Corporation
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market: Research Scope
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market, by Type
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- Silicon Elastomers
Global Aerospace & Defense Elastomers Market, by Application
- O-rings & Gaskets
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.