Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror: Introduction
- The primary purpose of the automotive side view mirror is to offer the driver a clear view of all the objects to the side or at the rear of the vehicle. Side view mirrors perform a key a role in maintaining driver safety on the road. Advanced mirrors comprise a camera and screen, and do not have any glass in them. Two rear-facing cameras replace the traditional side view mirrors.
- Rise in penetration of advanced vehicle side mirrors, globally, is attributed to an increase in technological advances in vehicle safety systems, which offer the driver a more detailed view of his surroundings. However, in traditional mirrors, visibility reduces due to rain and snow. Advanced side view mirrors provide an accurate view of the vehicle surroundings.
Key drivers of advanced vehicle side mirror market
- Advancements in vehicle side view mirrors are likely to propel the global advanced vehicle side mirror market. Advanced features, such as heated mirrors, LED turn indicators, and electric control, were offered only in passenger vehicles. However, the number of electrically adjustable ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirrors) installed in medium and heavy-duty trucks have increased over the last few years. Automotive OEMs are offering advanced vehicle management systems (ADAS) with electrically adjustable ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirrors) in pickup trucks.
- An advanced vehicle side mirror enhances safety by displaying illuminated signals on the side view mirrors and alerts driver about obstacles in the driver’s blind spot. The trend of offering such advanced features in side rear-view mirrors for trucks and cars is boosting the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Advanced Vehicle Side Mirrors Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global advanced vehicle side mirrors market
- Automakers are emphasizing on enhancing security and safety of vehicles in order to cater to a rise in consumer demand for safer and secure vehicles. The factors mentioned above drive the global market for digital side view mirrors; however, lack of stringent global regulations and vehicle standards is a key challenge for automakers. Absence of such standards fails to guarantee the life of side view mirrors. Rise in integration of advanced functions in electrically adjustable ORVMs is a key driver that is projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for luxury cars in countries such as Germany, France, and Russia in Europe is boosting the market in the region. For instance, in 2018, Volkswagen and BMW sold 541,200 and 319,134 units of luxury vehicles, respectively, in Germany, which accounted for approximately 18% and 2.5% rise in sales, respectively, as compared to sales of 531,600 and 311,071 units of luxury vehicles, respectively, in 2018. Furthermore, presence of automotive giants, such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Ficosa Corporation, in the manufacture of side view mirrors is likely to drive the advanced vehicle side mirror market globally.
Key players operating in advanced vehicle side mirror market
The advanced vehicle side mirror market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global advanced vehicle side mirror market are:
- Continental AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Ficosa International
- Magna International Inc.
- Motherson sumi systems Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Murakami Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market: Research Scope
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Type
- Interior Side Mirror
- Exterior Side Mirror
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Features
- Blind spot detection
- Power control
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Technology
- Camera Based
- Radar Based
- LiDAR Based
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Mounting Location
- Body mounted
- Door mounted
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Product
- Smart rear view
- Conventional rear view
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Component
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Autonomous Type
- Semi-autonomous Vehicle
- Fully autonomous Vehicle
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Sales Channel
Global Advanced Vehicle Side Mirror Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.