Increasing number of new biological products and emergence of new biosimilars is focusing the attention towards the development of advanced drug delivery technologies for delivery of these biological products. Currently, oral and parenteral drug delivery technologies are dominating the global drug delivery market. Despite various technological innovations and discovery of more compelling and effective methods for drug delivery, parenteral method remains most dominant due to its effective results.
Parenteral drug delivery is one of the largest segments of drug delivery markets accounting for about 30% of the total market share. This industry is expected to reach $51 billion by the year 2015 owing to various factors such as introduction of new biologics, uptake of new delivery platforms, and utilization of controlled release systems. Monoclonal antibodies segment is expected to lead the market due to advancements in biotechnology and improved therapies for various disorders like cancer, and other debilitating diseases.
Polymer encapsulated medicines are also expected to witness an upsurge in demand depending on contributions to improved bioavailability and reduced toxicity of advanced parenteral compounds. Safety engineered prefillable syringes, IV catheters, and vial bag infusion systems are expected to provide best growth opportunities for parenteral infusion products and delivery devices due to wide infection prevention advantages.
Based on Applications
- Central Nervous System Agents
- Respiratory Agents
- Hormones & Related Agents
- Gastrointestinal Agents
- Cardiovascular Agents
- Anti-Infective Agents
- Nutritional Agents
- Genito-Urinary Agents
Based on Product
- Prefillable Syringes
- Injectors Cartridges
- Hypodermic Syringes
- IV Catheters
- Other Parenteral Delivery Devices
This research report analyzes this industry based on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This research report also includes complete analysis of current market trends, industry drivers, factors limiting market growth, industry structure, and market projections for upcoming years. Report also provides analysis of recent technological developments in this industry, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players.
This report includes review of micro and macro factors significant for existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Some of the major players dominating this industry are Abbott Laboratories, Amgen Incorporated, AptarGroup Incorporated, AstraZeneca plc, Baxter International Incorporated, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG Pfizer Incorporated, Roche Holding Limited, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead in the competition
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of latest market trends
- It provides overview of major market forces driving and restraining market growth
- Report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on industry
- Report helps in clearly understanding the competitive environment and key product segments
- It provides complete analysis of major competitors and their business strategies
- Report provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.