Global Advanced Materials for 3D Printing Market: Overview
Three-dimensional (3D) printing, also called additive manufacturing, is the process of making a 3D solid component from a digital model by depositing successive layers of material in different shapes. Across different industries, chemical and material companies are increasingly developing advanced materials specifically for use in additive manufacturing. Several manufacturers of 3D printing hardware are working in collaboration with chemical companies to make 3D printing hardware adaptable with advanced materials like Titanium alloys, Graphene, Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), FDM nylon, FDM Nylon 12CF, FDM TPU 92A, and Ninjaflex & Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU) Filaments.
Global Advanced Materials for 3D Printing Market: Key Segments
Based on type of material used for 3D printing, the global advanced materials for 3D printing market can be segmented into metals, plastics, and ceramics. In terms of form, the global advanced materials for 3D printing market has been divided into filament, powder, and liquid. Titanium and its alloys are mostly used in aerospace engineering applications and in the manufacture of engine components, as they have high strength and they are lightweight. They provide superior resistance to corrosion. Due to bio-compatibility offered by titanium, it is also employed in biomedical applications such as orthopedic and dental implants as well as in knee and hip replacement surgeries. Based on application, the global advanced materials for 3D printing market can be classified into aerospace & defense, medical & dental, automotive, consumer goods, and others. Automotive manufacturers require lightweight and functionally integrated parts, especially for sports cars. Furthermore, several automotive companies recognize that 3D printing is a solution for effective production of complex parts that need to be customized.
Global Advanced Materials for 3D Printing Market: Trends & Developments
Rising demand from aerospace and automotive industries for producing complex 3D printed parts, mass customization, and financial aid from governments are major factors driving the advanced materials for 3D printing market. High costs associated with 3D printing materials is a restraining factor for the global advanced materials for 3D printing market. Challenges currently faced by the advanced materials for 3D printing market include finding the most optimal way to align and integrate fibers into the thermoplastic matrix and developing more robust 3D printers and extrusion mechanisms to process hardy materials. Decrease in the production cost of advanced printing materials by researchers and scientists may facilitate mass adoption of the 3D printing technology in various sectors, such as automotive, aerospace, and fashion & art, in the near future.
Global Advanced Materials for 3D Printing Market: Regional Outlook
Based on region, the global advanced materials for 3D printing market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The global market has witnessed strong growth over the last few years, owing to rise in the adoption of 3D printing technology in developed countries such as the U.S. and Germany and developing countries such as India, Brazil, South Korea, and China. Companies based in China and South Korea are highly proactive in making use of the technology for end-use production. As per an estimate, one in every two major manufacturers would be using additive manufacturing to make complex products by 2021. Owing to the rising labour cost, many manufacturing firms are exploring new ways of production like 3D printing technologies. Governments of both China and South Korea are supportive to development of the 3D printing technology. They have positioned themselves as leaders in the field of 3D printing. Manufacturers based in the U.S. are slow adopters, with only 17% having gained experience in 3D printing.
Global Advanced Materials for 3D Printing Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global advanced materials for 3D printing market are Hoganas AB, Arkema S.A., 3D Systems Corporation, Stratasys Ltd., Arcam AB, Eos GmbH, Royal DSM N.V., Materialise NV, and Renishaw PLC.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.