Advanced Ceramic Powders: Introduction
- Advanced ceramic powders are used in a diverse range of applications. Product lines of advanced ceramic powders are extensive. They include non-oxide ceramic powders, specializing in boron, boride, carbide, and nitride powders. Advanced ceramic powders are employed in applications such as thermal management, automotive pyrotechnics, technical ceramics, solar, and electronics.
Types of Advanced Ceramic Powders
- Advanced ceramic powders are broadly segmented based on material groups such as boron, borides, carbides, nitrides, oxides, silicon, and silicide. Boron ceramic powders are available in amorphous and crystalline states. Amorphous boron is used in pyrotechnics (airbag igniters, flares, and propellants), explosives, and advanced ceramics, while crystalline boron qualifies for permanent magnets (Nd-Fe-B), refractory borides, targets, or neutron shielding in the nuclear industry.
- Boride ceramic powders account for dominant share of the global advanced ceramic powder market due to their hardness, and chemical and thermal resistance. They are used in high-temperature furnaces, turbine blades, and armor plates. The most significant boride is titanium boride (TiB2), which is characterized by its high hardness, high melting point at over 3.200°C, and electrical conductivity. It is used in the production of evaporation boats. Various borides are produced and supplied to different industries.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Advanced Ceramic Powders Market
Applications of Advanced Ceramic Powders
- Based on application, the global advanced ceramic powders market can be divided into casting, pyrotechnics, heating elements, and thermal management
- Silicon nitride (Si3N4) is used for the production of silicon nitride feeders and riser tubes in the casting industry. Silicon nitride is characterized by extraordinary thermal shock resistance as well as high corrosion and wear resistance.
- Amorphous boron is used for many pyrotechnical applications (for example, ignition source for airbag inflators or propellant additives)
- Aluminum Nitride (AlN) is considered a material of choice for substrates, ceramic parts, and filler applications in heat-releasing environments, due to its thermal conductivity and electrical insulation properties. AlN is superior to Alumina (Al2O3) and Silicon Carbide (SiC) in relevant applications.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Advanced Ceramic Powders Market
- The global coronavirus outbreak is posing severe challenges to the global advanced ceramic powders market. The pandemic has disrupted the supply chain network, as there was limited/no production in organizations due to lockdown. Some companies had limited access to their workforce. This impacted the overall production of factories.
- Customers began hoarding various products during the pandemic, as supply was limited at the backend due to factory lockdowns. This led to a loss of market share for numerous companies, as customers started looking for substitutes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Advanced Ceramic Powders Market
- In terms of region, the global advanced ceramic powders market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global advanced ceramic powders market in 2019. This can be ascribed to growth in the casting industry in developing countries such China and India in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the advanced ceramic powders market due to the increase in usage of these powders in pyrotechnic applications
- The advanced ceramic powders market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period due to the presence of lesser number of manufacturers in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global advanced ceramic powders market is consolidated, with players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products; and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their position.
Prominent players operating in the global advanced ceramic powders market include:
- Höganäs AB
- SCI Engineered Materials
Global Advanced Ceramic Powders Market: Research Scope
Global Advanced Ceramic Powders Market, by Type
Global Advanced Ceramic Powders Market, by Application
- Heating Elements
- Thermal Management
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.