COVID-19 Impact on Advanced Ceramic Additives Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the advanced ceramic additives market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Advanced Ceramic Additives Market
- Advanced ceramic additives have major applications in the electrical & electronics industry. Advanced ceramics have superior corrosion resistance in comparison to other materials (such as aluminum and steel), resulting in decreased maintenance and other costs for aircraft, automobiles, and armors. This makes these ceramics a favorable material for various end-user industries such as automotive, electronics, and military & defense. Increasing demand for advanced ceramic additives in the electrical & electronics industry is expected to fuel the global advanced ceramic additives market in the next few years.
- Rising demand for advanced ceramic additives in the medical industry is expected to create significant opportunities for the advanced ceramic additives market in the near future. Advanced ceramics additives are widely employed in medical applications such as implantable medical devices, diagnostic imaging equipment, consumable medical devices, and therapeutic medical devices.
Advanced Ceramic Additives: Material Segment
- In terms of material, the global advanced ceramic additives market can be segmented into alumina, zirconia, titanate, silicon carbide, and others
- The alumina material segment of the global advanced ceramic additives market is projected to hold major share during the forecast period. Alumina ceramics possess various properties such as extreme hardness, high density, wear resistance, thermal conductivity, high stiffness, chemical resistance, and compressive strength, which make them suitable for wide variety of applications such as in nozzles, circuits, and piston engines.
- The zirconia segment is projected to follow the alumina segment during the forecast period. Zirconia is used for applications with extreme demand on the material. High-end metal forming, valves, bearings, and cutting tools are some of the applications which benefit from the mechanical properties of zirconia. The biocompatibility of zirconia facilitates its use in medical applications, such as dental applications and as part of permanent implants. High demand for zirconia in the medical industry is driving the global advanced ceramic additives market.
Advanced Ceramic Additives: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global advanced ceramic additives market can be segmented into electrical & electronics, automotive, medical, aeronautics, industrial, and others
- The electrical & electronics segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Advanced ceramics additives are used in the manufacture of various electronics components including capacitors, insulators, integrated circuit packages, and piezoelectric components. Ceramic-based components are essential in products such as smartphones, computers, televisions, and automotive electronics. These ceramic components possess excellent properties including good insulation, piezoelectric & dielectric properties, and superconductivity, which makes them highly preferred in the electronics industry. Hence, wide usage of advanced ceramic additives in the electrical & electronics industry is expected to drive the advanced ceramic additives market during the forecast period.
- The automotive segment is projected to hold key share of the global advanced ceramic additives market in the near future. Rise in investments in this industry, especially in electric vehicles, is anticipated to augment the demand for advanced ceramics over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Advanced Ceramic Additives Market
- In terms of region, the advanced ceramic additives market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global advanced ceramic additives market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rising population, increasing demand for better electronics products, and changing lifestyle. China is the largest market for advanced ceramics in the region. Rollout of 5G technology and innovations in medical electronics are expected to drive the consumption of advanced ceramics in the region. India and China are projected to be the fastest-growing markets in Asia Pacific during the forecast period due to growing population, urbanization, technological advancements such as 5G, IoT, and supportive government regulations.
- The advanced ceramic additives market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Advanced Ceramic Additives Market
The advanced ceramic additives market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the advanced ceramic additives market include:
- Kyocera Corporation
- CeramTec GmbH
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Elan Technology
- Ortech Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials
- Oerlikon Surface Solutions AG
Advanced Ceramic Additives: Research Scope
Advanced Ceramic Additives Market, by Material
- Silicon Carbide
Advanced Ceramic Additives Market, by End-use
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Advanced Ceramic Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Advanced Ceramic Additives: Introduction
- Advanced ceramic additives, also known as engineered or technical ceramics, are inorganic, nonmetallic, basic crystalline materials of rigorously controlled composition and manufactured with detailed regulation from highly refined and/or characterized raw materials. They possess precisely specified attributes such as superior corrosion, erosion and wear resistance, toughness, high thermal and electrical insulation, and high temperature resistance.
- Advanced ceramic additives are designed to be used in harsh environments. They are used in a variety of applications and industries including electronics (semiconductors), industrial, aeronautics, automotive, dental/medical, filtration, and electrical engineering.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.