Advanced Battery: Introduction
- Advanced battery is a next generation battery that can easily be integrated into a power grid to make an energy storage system. It has longer lifespan and high energy density. It offers lower GHG emissions. Advanced battery is also being used in the transportation industry.
- Commonly available advanced batteries in market are lithium-based batteries and nickel-based batteries. These batteries are used in several applications such as consumer electronics, mobile phones, and electric vehicles.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Advanced Battery Market
- Increase in demand for economical, compact, and energy efficient batteries in various end-use industries such as electrical vehicles and consumer electronics in developing and developed economies is expected to drive the global advanced battery market during the forecast period. Advanced battery is economical and offers fast charging when compared to conventional batteries. These features of advanced battery make its adoption preferable over alternate technologies.
- Rise in investment in development of renewable energy infrastructure is projected to boost the global advanced battery market between 2020 and 2030
- Technological innovation in design of battery to optimize efficiency and reduce cost is projected to propel the global advanced battery market between 2020 and 2030. However, high availability of substitute batteries is hampering the advanced battery market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, production facilities of automobile and electronic industries halted their production temporarily. Disruption in operation of production facilities adversely affected the demand for advanced batteries, as these batteries are used in electrical vehicle and consumer electronics to provide continuous power supply for their proper functioning.
Automotive & Industrial Application Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global advanced battery market can be segmented based on product, application, and region
- Based on application, the global advanced battery market can be segregated into consumer electronics, automotive, energy storage systems, industrial, and others. Advanced battery is extensively used in automotive applications. Increase in government funding and incentives to promote the deployment of commercial and passenger electric vehicles is anticipated to boost the automobile segment of the market during the forecast period.
- Based on product, the global advanced battery market can be segregated into lithium ion polymer battery, sodium sulfur battery, sodium metal halide battery, advanced lead acid battery, smart nano battery, and others. The lithium ion polymer battery is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the wide application of these batteries in the consumer electronics sector. Lithium ion battery possesses several unique properties such as compact size, efficient performance, and high-power density. As a result, demand for these batteries is higher than that for traditional batteries.
North America Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Advanced Battery Market
- In terms of region, the global advanced battery market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- North America is projected to hold vital share of the global advanced battery market during the forecast period due to rise in awareness about the benefits of energy efficient products. The U.S. Government provides funding for the development of durable, lightweight, and energy efficient batteries for applications across commercial, residential, and industrial establishments.
- Europe is likely to be a stable region of the global advanced battery market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to ongoing investment in development of energy efficient buildings. Furthermore, stringent government regulations to reduce GHG emissions by enhancing the utilization of renewable technologies is a key factor augmenting the advanced battery market in Europe.
- The advanced battery market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in demand for electrical vehicles, primarily in developing countries such as China and India
- The advanced battery market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand during the forecast period due to rise in demand for consumer electronics in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global advanced battery market include:
- GS Yuasa Lithium Power
- Pathion Inc.
- LG Chem Ltd
- Enerdel, Inc.
Global Advanced Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Advanced Battery Market, by Product
- Lithium Ion Polymer Battery
- Sodium Sulfur Battery
- Sodium Metal Halide Battery
- Advanced Lead Acid Battery
- Smart Nano Battery
Global Advanced Battery Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy Storage Systems
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.