Adenoviruses are major causes of febrile illness among children. They can infect the membranes of respiratory tract, intestines, eyes and urinary tract causing pharyngitis, pneumonia and gastroenteritis, bronchiolitis, hemorrhagic cystitis and conjunctivitis. There are 57 types of adenoviruses known to infect human beings, classified into seven categories from A to G on the basis of genome size and composition. Human Adenovirus A, B and C cause respiratory infection while HAdV B & D cause conjunctivitis. Children are more susceptible to adenovirus infections than adults and aging population. Late winter, early summer and spring are the most common time for this infection to occur. Adenoviruses are one of the major causes of respiratory infections among children and cause of diarrhea. As these infections are not specific, so they cannot be diagnosed on the basis of clinical symptoms only. A number of diagnostic methods used to confirm the presence of adenovirus infection include viral culture, polymerase chain reaction assays and antigen based assays. Others emerging technologies such as monoclonal antibodies, liposomes, flow cytometry, chromatography and gel microdroplets are of vital use in diagnosis of adenovirus infection.
The diagnostic tests for adenovirus infections are generally conducted at hospitals, private diagnostic laboratories, small clinics and public health laboratories. A study conducted by Barcelona Center for International Health Research and University of Bacelona on children suffering from pneumonia suggests that adenovirus is the second most respiratory virus causing pneumonia. Although the market for adenovirus diagnostics is considered to be mature, it may grow in emerging markets where a large number of children infected with adenovirus are under served. Geographically, North America represents the largest market as hospitals and private diagnostics laboratories in United States and Canada offer a broad portfolio of tests to determine the presence of adenovirus and due to reimbursement policy covering adenovirus diagnostics.
Some of the key players operating in this market are Affymetrix, Becton Dickinson, Roche, Bio-Rad, Gen-Probe, Novartis AG, Qiagen, Diasorin, Abbott and bioMerieux.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.