Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market: Introduction
- Active noise-cancelling headphones are technologically upgraded headphones which can reduce unwanted ambient sounds using active noise control (ANC), also known as active noise reduction (ANR), or noise cancellation. Noise cancellation helps in listening to audio content without raising the volume excessively; while travelling it can help a user to sleep in a noisy vehicle such as an airline.
Key Drivers of the Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market
- Increasing number of people suffering from Tinnitus, a hearing disorder caused by constant exposure to hazardous sound levels in the professional setting, leads to increasing adoption of active noise-cancelling headphones. These headphones use electronic circuitry to reduce external sounds which enable the user to listen to audio at low levels. Hence, rising awareness about noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) due to increasing hearing disorders is propelling the growth of the active noise-cancelling headphones market globally.
- A growing fitness industry is a driving force which helps to boost the demand for wireless headphones around the world. The increasing memberships at fitness clubs is expected to drive the demand for wireless active noise-cancelling headphones which helps the user to have full control over sound allowance and ambient noise, subsequently contributing to the growth of the active noise-cancelling headphones market all over the world.
Factors Restraining the Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market
- High capital and technological expertise are some of the factors which may restrict small and medium scale manufacturers from producing such high tech products.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global active noise-cancelling headphones market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the active noise-cancelling headphones market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the active noise-cancelling headphones market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America active noise-cancelling headphones market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global active noise-cancelling headphones market due to rising number of millennial with increasing inclination toward smartphones with advanced sound and audio technology, which is propelling the active noise-cancelling headphones market in the region.
- The active noise-cancelling headphones market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the presence of some major players such as Sony Corporation, a company that carries out extensive research & development, resulting in the increasing adoption of active noise-cancelling headphones in the region. Moreover, rising disposable income enables users to adopt smart headphones with add-on features such as active noise cancellation, higher control over ambient sounds, and augmented hearing. This is expected to expand the active noise-cancelling headphones market in the region
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the active noise-cancelling headphones market are focusing on becoming more proficient and developing innovative product features which will enhance their competitive advantage and enhance their market share globally. The rising penetration of smartphones & connected mobile phones is boosting the demand for active noise-cancelling headphones. Companies are incorporating several smart, intelligent, and unique features in their products, which is propelling the global sale of ANC headphones.
For instance, in March 2019, Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG, launched MB 360 UC Bluetooth headset with active noise-cancelling technology. Such headsets are designed for modern office workers working in noisy environments including co-working spaces, open offices, or during commutation.
A few of the key players operating in the global active noise-cancelling headphones market are:
- Apple Inc.
- AsusTeK Computer Inc.
- Bose Corporation
- Onkyo & Pioneer Corporation
- Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- Sony Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market: Research Scope
Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market, by Product Type
Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market, by Pricing
- Low (Below US$ 135)
- Medium (US$ 135 – 270)
- High (Above US$ 270)
Global Active Noise-cancelling Headphones Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Small Stores, etc.)
The report on the global active noise-cancelling headphones market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.