Active Magnetic Bearing: Introduction
- An active magnetic bearing is an oil free bearing system that uses electromagnetic forces to maintain the relative position of a rotating assembly (rotor) to a stationary component (stator). An advanced electronic control system adjusts these electromagnetic forces in response to forces generated from machine operation. In other words, active magnetic bearings are devices used to support (levitate) objects using magnetic forces. Some magnetic bearings provide full non-contact support, whereas others provide only partial support, working together with more conventional mechanical operations.
- Active magnetic bearings are widely used in industries due to their higher density force on surfaces of supported objects than any other type of magnetic bearing. These bearings can also operate in a wide range of environments and their properties can be made highly configurable through software parameters, thus creating a significant opportunity for future growth.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market
- Versatility of active magnetic bearings allows it to be a part of almost any rotating machine. Examples include compressors, blowers, pumps, turbines, centrifuges, x-ray tubes, vacuum pumps, and spindles for revolving mirrors, gyroscope flywheels and inertia wheels, and machine tool spindle. Active magnetic bearings are typical mechatronic devices and one of the most attractive features of such devices is their ability of internal information processing.
- Active magnetic bearings are resourceful as they use internally measured signals to optimize their performance. Another significant aspect of active magnetic bearings is that by levitating the rotor, there is no metal to metal contact between the rotating and stationary parts that significantly increases energy efficiency and reduces maintenance cost of high speed motors. The need for high shaft speed is one of the factors that call for magnetic bearings over more traditional bearing types.
- Manufacturers are investing heavily in R&D to improve the performance of active magnetic bearings. The joint operation of a magnetic bearing with a roller bearing under emergencies requires further experiments and design efforts.
- Faster performance, integration of crucial peripheral features, and cost reduction is likely to further boost the commercial attractiveness of active magnetic bearings.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market
- In terms of geography, the global active magnetic bearing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to dominate the global active magnetic bearing market followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. North America is expected to dominate the market due to increased industrialization and urbanization in the region. Growing economies in Asia Pacific are projected to drive the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global active magnetic bearing market include:
- AB SKF
- Calnetix Technologies, LLC
- Foshan Genesis Amb Tech Co., Ltd.
- Kazancompressormash (HMS Group)
- KEBA AG
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited
- Levitronix GmbH
- MARUWA CO., LTD.
- Nanjing Cigu Limited Corporation
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Siemens AG
- Waukesha Bearings Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Active Magnetic Bearing Market, Request for a Sample
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market: Research Scope
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market, by Type
- Analog Control
- Digital Control
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market, by Applications
- Shape memory alloys
- Turbo expanders
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.