Active Magnetic Bearing: Introduction
- An active magnetic bearing is an oil free bearing system that uses electromagnetic forces to maintain the relative position of a rotating assembly (rotor) to a stationary component (stator). An advanced electronic control system adjusts these electromagnetic forces in response to forces generated from machine operation. In other words, active magnetic bearings are devices used to support (levitate) objects using magnetic forces. Some magnetic bearings provide full non-contact support, whereas others provide only partial support, working together with more conventional mechanical operations.
- Active magnetic bearings are widely used in industries due to their higher density force on surfaces of supported objects than any other type of magnetic bearing. These bearings can also operate in a wide range of environments and their properties can be made highly configurable through software parameters, thus creating a significant opportunity for future growth.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market
- Versatility of active magnetic bearings allows it to be a part of almost any rotating machine. Examples include compressors, blowers, pumps, turbines, centrifuges, x-ray tubes, vacuum pumps, and spindles for revolving mirrors, gyroscope flywheels and inertia wheels, and machine tool spindle. Active magnetic bearings are typical mechatronic devices and one of the most attractive features of such devices is their ability of internal information processing.
- Active magnetic bearings are resourceful as they use internally measured signals to optimize their performance. Another significant aspect of active magnetic bearings is that by levitating the rotor, there is no metal to metal contact between the rotating and stationary parts that significantly increases energy efficiency and reduces maintenance cost of high speed motors. The need for high shaft speed is one of the factors that call for magnetic bearings over more traditional bearing types.
- Manufacturers are investing heavily in R&D to improve the performance of active magnetic bearings. The joint operation of a magnetic bearing with a roller bearing under emergencies requires further experiments and design efforts.
- Faster performance, integration of crucial peripheral features, and cost reduction is likely to further boost the commercial attractiveness of active magnetic bearings.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market
- In terms of geography, the global active magnetic bearing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to dominate the global active magnetic bearing market followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. North America is expected to dominate the market due to increased industrialization and urbanization in the region. Growing economies in Asia Pacific are projected to drive the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global active magnetic bearing market include:
- AB SKF
- Calnetix Technologies, LLC
- Foshan Genesis Amb Tech Co., Ltd.
- Kazancompressormash (HMS Group)
- KEBA AG
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited
- Levitronix GmbH
- MARUWA CO., LTD.
- Nanjing Cigu Limited Corporation
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Siemens AG
- Waukesha Bearings Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Active Magnetic Bearing Market, Request for a Sample
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market: Research Scope
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market, by Type
- Analog Control
- Digital Control
Global Active Magnetic Bearing Market, by Applications
- Shape memory alloys
- Turbo expanders
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.