Activated Carbon Filters: Introduction
- Activated carbon filters are usually employed in the process of removing organic compounds and/or extracting free chlorine from water, thereby making the water suitable for discharge or use in manufacturing processes. Elimination of organics in potable water, such as humic and fulvic acids, prevents chlorine in the water from chemically reacting with acids and forming trihalomethanes, a class of known carcinogens.
- Various types of high-tech activated carbon filters are available for industrial filtration systems. Activated carbon exhibits varying performance characteristics depending upon the strata from which it is derived (e.g., bituminous or anthracite coal, bone char, coconut shell) and the way it is manufactured. Methods used to create various activated carbon materials are highly proprietary and lead to distinct differences across the range of media available to the industry.
- Coconut shells and coal (anthracite or bituminous) are organic sources of activated carbon. Carbon forms when an organic source is burned in an environment without oxygen. This process leaves about 30% of the organic mass intact, driving off heavy organic molecules. Prior to being used for water treatment, the organic mass must then be “activated.” The process of activation opens up the carbon’s massive number of pores and further drives off unwanted molecules. The open pores allow the carbon to capture contaminants.
- Activated Carbon (AC) filtration, as with any water treatment method, is not capable of removing every possible type of contaminant. For instance, sodium, microbes, fluoride, and nitrates cannot be removed with AC filtration. Water softening also cannot be achieved with AC filters. Additionally, heavy metals, such as lead, can only be removed with a specific kind of activated carbon water treatment, which is typically used in residential point-of-use filters.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Activated Carbon Filters Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Activated Carbon Filters Market
- Water treatment technology is gaining prominence all over the world. Companies are striving to adopt environment-friendly and efficient water disposal techniques. This has boosted the demand for activated carbon. In 2018, consumption of activated carbon in water treatment application reached more than 40% of the total volume manufactured in the world. High economic growth and increase in population are expected to drive the industrial sector, thereby propelling the demand for activated carbon filters in industrial water pollution treatment and water purification applications.
- In the food and beverages sector, activated carbon filters are employed in processes such as removal of contaminants or impurities such as color and odor from sweeteners, food liquids, syrups, beverages, glycerin, and amino and organic acids. Growth in demand for processed foods and beverages is a major factor estimated to drive the market in the near future.
Activated Carbon Filters: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global activated carbon filters market can be segmented into industrial water pollution treatment, drinking water purification, food & beverages, pharmaceutical, and others
- The industrial water pollution treatment segment is expected to account for significant share of the global market during the forecast period. Drinking water purification is estimated to be a rapidly growing segment of the global market. The global activated carbon filters market is primarily driven by implementation of stringent regulations by regional governments and environmental agencies to control water pollution.
Covid-19 Impact on Activated Carbon Filters Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating on a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing activities across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor due to the pandemic. This is expected to hamper the activated carbon filters market to some extent.
- COVID-19 is affecting the global economy through three major ways: decrease in production and demand, disruption of supply chain and market, and adverse financial impact on firms and financial markets
Asia Pacific to dominate Global Activated Carbon Filters Market
- In terms of region, the global activated carbon filters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the major region of the global activated carbon filters market during the forecast period. This growth can be ascribed to rise in industrialization and urbanization; and increase in trading activities in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Activated Carbon Filters Market
The global activated carbon filters market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global activated carbon filters market include:
- TIGG LLC
- Puragen Activated Carbons
- Cabot Corporation
- WesTech Engineering Inc.
- Kuraray Co., Ltd
- Lenntech B.V.
- Donau Carbon Gmbh
- General Carbon Corporation
- Sereco S.R.L
- Carbtrol Corp.
Global Activated Carbon Filters Market: Research Scope
Global Activated Carbon Filters Market, by Type
- Stainless Steel Shell
- Carbon Steel Shell
Global Activated Carbon Filters Market, by Application
- Industrial Water Pollution Treatment
- Drinking Water Purification
- Food & Beverages
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.