Activated Carbon Fiber Market Introduction
- Activated carbon, also called activated charcoal, is a form of carbon processed to have small, low volume pores that increase the surface area available for adsorption or chemical reactions. Activated carbon is used in methane and hydrogen storage, air purification, solvent recovery, decaffeination, gold purification, metal extraction, water purification, medicine, sewage treatment, air filters in respirators, teeth whitening, and many other application. Activated carbon is useful as an adsorbent. Demand for activated carbon fiber has been increasing in the field of prevention of environmental pollution.
- Earlier, activated carbon would be produced from charcoal, animal charcoal, etc. Currently, it is possible to produce it through the synthetic production process by using resins such as polyvinyl chloride and polyvinylidene chloride. The usage of activated carbon as a fiber has an advantage. It can be used more functionally than conventional powdery or granular activated.
Key Drivers of Activated Carbon Fiber Market
- Various adsorbent materials are used in the production of chemical protective clothing. These materials include activated carbon powder, sphere, or fabric. Activated carbon fiber is a novel carbonaceous material with high adsorption rate and larger adsorption capacity. It is also used in firefighting, mining, medical, construction, and other manufacturing industries. Activated carbon fiber protective suits are more comfortable, light in weight, and can sustain multiple laundries. Thus, demand for activated carbon fiber has been increasing in the protective clothing industry. Protective clothing is used almost in every workplace, from commercial kitchen to building sites.
- Activated carbon fiber is also used in adsorptive removal of waste liquids in various industries such as textile, dye, and metal processing. This is likely to boost the global demand for activated carbon fiber, thereby driving the global activated carbon fiber market.
Restraints of Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market
- Availability of alternatives and implementation of various government rules and laws in different regions have led to some challenges in terms of supply chain. This is hampering the global activated carbon fiber market.
COVID-19 Impact on Activated Carbon Fiber Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is hampering the demand for activated carbon fiber in numerous applications. Several governments across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. These lockdowns resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown, which are adversely affecting the demand for activated carbon fiber.
- Key players operating in the activated carbon fiber market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for activated carbon fiber market declined significantly in 2020.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for activated carbon. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 pandemic has created a disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Competitive Landscape of Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market
- Major players operating in the global activated carbon fiber market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the global activated carbon fiber market include:
- Osaka Gas Chemicals Co.Ltd
- Kuraray Company
- HPMS Graphite
- Anshan Sinocarb Carbon Fibers Co., LTD
- Evertech Envisafe Ecology Co.,LTD
- Jiangsu Tongkang Special Activated Carbon Fiber & Fabric Co., Ltd.
- Unitika Ltd
Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market: Research Scope
Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market, by Raw Material
Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market, by Application
- Chemical Separation & Catalysis
- Protective Clothing
Global Activated Carbon Fiber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.