Activated Carbon Canisters Market for Automotive - Introduction
Automotive activated carbon canister is a device that stores and captures the vehicle fuel vapors under the influence of heat and releases purified air, thereby protecting the atmosphere and surroundings against unburnt fuel vapors. Automotive activated charcoal canisters are attached to the tank bleeder by means of the pressure compensation line. The activated carbon canister offers great importance to the automotive and performance of activated carbon canister improves automotive fuel evaporative emission control.
Activated Carbon Canisters Market for Automotive - Competitive Landscape
- In 2017, Continental AG introduced its new Active Purge Pump (APP) as a new and innovative electrified solution to encounter stringent hydrocarbon evaporation legislation around the world. APP is not reliant on vacuum and instead, it actively pulls the HC (hydro carbon) laden air from the canister. The pump used for this action is a highly compact and light-weight radial pump, driven by a highly efficient brushless DC motor and can get activated at any time when it is required. This makes the APP a perfect match for turbocharged engines, which are run at higher loads more often, de-throttled engines, start-stop, and hybrid powertrains with long engine-off periods.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
Established in 1899, HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA has its headquarters in Lippstadt, Germany. The company is among the top 40 suppliers of automotive products and technology globally, and ranks among the 100 prominent industrial companies based in Germany. HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA operates through 125 locations spread across 35 countries, worldwide.
Founded in 1846, Ingevity has its headquarters in North Charleston, South Carolina, U.S. The company is a leading provider of high-performance carbon materials, specialty chemicals, and engineered polymers that safeguard, purify, and enrich the environment. The company operates through 25 locations spread across the globe.
Robert Bosch GmbH
Established in 1886, Robert Bosch GmbH currently has its headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. Robert Bosch GmbH is a leading company that offers innovative solutions for smart cities, connected mobility, smart homes, and connected manufacturing. The company has around 60 regional companies and subsidiaries spread across 60 countries with sales service partners situated in 150 countries around the world.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Activated Carbon Canisters Market for Automotive - Dynamics
Demand for improved fuel-efficiency in conjunction with stringent government norms and regulation are driving demand for activated carbon canisters for automotive
Auto manufacturers across the world, especially in developing countries, are focused on manufacturing lightweight, fuel-efficient, and compact vehicles owing to stringent transportation emission norms. Moreover, government bodies around the world have already introduced stringent fuel economy standards owing to the potential fuel shortage and climate changes, thereby encouraging both auto manufacturers and consumers to start preferring fuel-efficient vehicles. This is projected to boost the activated carbon canisters market for automotive.
Furthermore, petrol evaporates easily, thereby resulting in hydrocarbon fumes, which include benzene. This gas when breathed in combination with sunlight and exhaust gases poses a health hazard. This has resulted in modern petrol powered vehicles to have a system onboard to curtail the emission of hydrocarbons. Activated carbon canister is used to collect and store all these fumes from the tank and emit purified air, thereby curbing transportation emission. This is anticipated to augment the demand for activated carbon canisters for automotive.
Surge in vehicular emission regulations around the world
Automotive pollution standards are a set of quantitative limits on the permissible amount of air pollutants that may be released from an automotive over a limited time period. These standards are designed to attain the standards of the air quality and to safeguard the human health. Globally, regulatory bodies have imposed stringent norms and regulations on automotive carbon emissions. This is likely to fuel the activated carbon canisters market for automotive, as this product eliminates high capacity hydrocarbon emission from the vehicle.
Battery operated electric vehicles to restraint the activated carbon canisters market for automotive
Surge in awareness among people to opt and purchase greener vehicles has prompted several consumers to prefer battery operated electric vehicles, which are environmental-friendly vehicles as they are free of harmful emissions. Battery operated electric vehicles eliminate the need for automotive activated carbon canisters. This is a major factor that is likely to restrain the demand for activated carbon canisters for automotive.
Activated Carbon Canisters Market for Automotive - Segmentation
Based on vehicle type, the activated carbon canisters market for automotive can be bifurcated into
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Based on propulsion, the activated carbon canisters market for automotive can be divided into
Based on sales channel, the activated carbon canisters market for automotive can be segregated into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.