Acrylic Sheets Market: Substitutes for Glass Sheets
- An acrylic sheet is a fiber sheet manufactured by utilizing two and more derivatives of acrylic acid. Polymethyl methacrylate acrylic is one of the mostly used forms of acrylic. It is used largely, owing to its unique features such as weather-ability and versatility. Acrylic sheets can be colored or tinted, mirrored or made opaque. A large number of coatings are applied onto these sheets for enhancing their finish, scratch resistance, and solar reflectivity.
- The global acrylic sheets market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for acrylic sheets for use as an alternative for glass in various products such as sanitary ware, medical equipment, and industrial equipment and machinery.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Acrylic Sheets Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Acrylic Sheets Market
- High strength, light weight, clarity, anti-fogging property, and glare reduction are some of the important features of acrylic sheets. These are expected to be key factors driving the global acrylic sheets market during the forecast period.
- Acrylic sheets can be molded into any shape by heating at high temperatures. This factor also fuels the demand for acrylic sheets. Moreover, growing industrialization and urbanization indirectly drive the demand for acrylic sheets. This factor is expected to fuel the global acrylic sheets market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global acrylic sheets market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for acrylic sheets in different regions. For instance, in 2017, Evonik began construction of a new stretching and polishing plant at its Weiterstadt site in Germany. With this move, the company aims to cover the entire value chain of cast and stretched polymethyl methacrylate sheets for the aviation industry. In 2017, Altuglas International launched a new range of acrylic sheets under the brand name of Altuglas Metallic & Iridescent.
Cast Acrylic Sheets Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Cast acrylic sheets is a cost-effective substitute for polycarbonate sheets that are used in signage and display applications. Additionally, they are lighter than glass. Increasing use of cast acrylic sheets in points-of-purchase and displays in order to increase brand awareness, product credibility, and sales is expected to drive the global acrylic sheets market during the forecast period.
- Cast acrylic sheets are used as a cost-efficient substitute for a diverse range of materials such as glass, wood, ceramic, and metal
Availability of Low-cost Substitutes to Hamper Market:
- Acrylic sheets face stiff competition from polycarbonate sheets, glass, and extruded acrylic sheets. These technically advanced sheets provide excellent combination of brightness and uniformity similar to acrylic sheets. This is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Acrylic sheets have several low-cost alternatives, such as glass, which are used in applications wherein low quality is allowable.
- Acrylic sheets are used as cost-efficient substitutes for materials such as glass, wood, ceramic, and metal in automotive and signage & display applications. Rising focus on reducing the weight of products is driving the global acrylic sheets market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Acrylic Sheets Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Acrylic Sheets Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of acrylic sheets, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for more than 50% share of the market for acrylic sheets in the region. Increase in the demand for acrylic sheets in automotive & transportation, architecture & interior design, and sanitary ware industries in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continued urbanization and rising purchasing power of consumers in the region.
- Rising FDIs in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The acrylic sheets market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at the most rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in construction and automotive industries in the region.
- The Middle East & Africa region consists of countries with people having high purchasing power such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar. These countries are major consumers of sanitary ware products. The construction industry in the region is expected to expand in the near future, due to upcoming international events such as the Dubai Expo to be held in Dubai, the UAE in 2020 and the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar. These factors are estimated to drive the demand for acrylic sheets in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global acrylic sheets market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global acrylic sheets market are:
- Lucite International (Mitsubishi Chemical)
- Altuglas International (Arkema Group)
- GARY Acrylic Xishun
- Elastin International Corp.
- Asia Poly Industrial Sdn Bhd.
- Ray Chung Acrylic Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Jumei Acrylic
- Guang Shun Plastic
- Taixing Donchamp Acrylic Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Shen Chuen Chemical Co., Ltd
Global Acrylic Sheets Market: Research Scope
Global Acrylic Sheets Market, by Type
- Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Cell Cast Acrylic Sheets
- Continuous Cast Acrylic Sheets
Global Acrylic Sheets Market, by Application
- Sanitary Ware
- Visual Communication & Retail
- Furniture & Design
- Electronics & Energy
- Automotive & Transport
- Architecture & Construction
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.